“The cunning of the fox is as dangerous as the violence of the wolf; and we ought to guard equally against both.” ~ Thomas Paine
Mr. Obama wants everyone to know the government is partially shut down and he apparently wants it to hurt. The American people are now on the receiving end of Obama’s wrath usually reserved for Republicans, Tea Party members, and anyone else who opposes him.
Despite the fact that 83% of the government is still operating, he has gone out of his way to take away those things citizens love the most. Like a petulant child, he has blocked off viewing of open-air sights, even mountains like Mt. Rushmore.
This is totally nuts!
I can give you 8 reasons right now as to why you should be angry with Mr. Obama.
1. He has forced people out of their private homes.
Take Lake Mead for example.
The Lake Mead home owners lease federal land, but they own the homes. One of the requirements of living on this government land is that they must have an alternative residence, however, there is no reason for these families to be removed.
Joyce and Ralph Spencer, 77-years and 80-years respectively, are among the people who were evicted by the ‘caring’ Obama regime. They never expected to be thrown out and never have been in the 40-plus years they have lived in the home. Clinton never evicted them when he went through a government shutdown.
The rangers gave the Spencers 24 hours to get out. Mr. Spencer uses a walker and a scooter.
The Obama administration won’t let the residents stay overnight but will let them retrieve items. Read more at ktnv.
2. The Amber Alerts fell victim to Mr. Obama. The website was shut down but after extremely bad press, it was restored.
This is the message, people were getting when they tried to report their child missing:
3. Privately run museums, inns, parks, and marinas have been shut down despite the fact that it takes no federal resources to run them. Read more about that on this link.
As he has done with DC Memorials, Mr. Obama has blocked Mt. Rushmore with cones. He blocked access to trails and programs and he cut off viewing. The rangers have been told to place cones on highway viewing areas to keep people from pulling over and taking pictures.
He is blocking people from looking at a mountain!!!
The cones went up October 1st and went down after residents expressed a fair amount of anger. The government claims they were worried about peoples’ safety. You can believe that if you want to. I can’t stop you. Read about that at Sioux Falls Business Journal.
4. Even though the National Mall in DC is closed, Mr. Obama has approved an amnesty rally. Organizers for the “Camino Americano: March for Immigration Reform” were spotted Monday setting up a stage and equipment on the National Mall for the rally which will take place on Tuesday. Thirty members of Congress will show up for a photo op, including Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Robert Menendez (D-NJ).
5. Furloughed federal workers caught working during the shutdown have been advised that it is a criminal offense, according to The Weekly Standard. This is the notice they received:
Please be advised, during the furlough period, non-excepted employees will no longer be permitted to utilize SBA email or other federal resources. Please know that use of federal resources while on furlough status is prohibited by law and is considered a criminal offense. Employees must NOT represent the agency in any formal or informal capacity.
6. On the eve of the government shutdown, Mr. Obama awarded a $5 million dollar contract for custom handcrafted stemware to Simon Pearce to be used in Embassies. Hopefully, they paid for security for the Embassies before they bought the fancy glassware. I wouldn’t count on it however.
7. Mr. Obama, who draws redlines and then says he never drew a redline, is now claiming he never said he wouldn’t negotiate with Republicans even though he and his peeps, including Jay Carney, clearly said they wouldn’t negotiate with terrorists, meaning Republicans.
Speaking to FEMA workers who are operating during the shutdown, he claimed this:
I heard a lot of talk over the weekend that, uh, the real problem is that, uh, the president will not negotiate. Well, let me tell you something. Uh, I have said from the start of the year that I’m happy to talk to Republicans about anything related to the budget.
What I’ve said is that I cannot do that under the threat that if Republicans don’t get 100% of their way, they are going to either shut down the government or they are going to default on America’s debt so that America — for the first time in history — does not pay its bills. That is not something I will do. Click here to hear Obama at FEMA.
He will negotiate, in other words, as long as the Republicans give him 100% of what he wants. It is particularly frustrating in that he is the one running up the bills, he forces Republicans to accept the wild spending, and then tells them they must now pay the bills they ran up.
Mr. Obama has refused to negotiate and Harry Reid won’t allow any voting in the Senate, but Mr. Obama is now saying he will negotiate though he won’t. The man is certifiable.
During this interview below, he clearly says he won’t negotiate. It’s clear once you get passed the gibberish, that is.
Mr. Obama will negotiate with Iran:
8. The Republicans want to delay Obamacare which is obviously not ready for primetime and they want to eliminate the carve out for Congress (they are to receive a 72% subsidy to pay for their healthcare). That is not unreasonable.
Check out this article from Mercury News:
…”I was laughing at Boehner — until the mail came today,”
Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare. “I really don’t like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family’s pocket each year, that’s otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy.”
Both Vinson and Waschura have adjusted gross incomes greater than four times the federal poverty level — the cutoff for a tax credit. And while both said they anticipated their rates would go up, they didn’t realize they would rise so much.
“Of course, I want people to have health care,” Vinson said. “I just didn’t realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally.”..
When you hear things like this and as you watch the healthcare.gov website crash and burn, is a one-year delay all that unreasonable? Who is looking out for the people?
A senior White House staffer said this morning that they want the government open without any negotiations.