I have just read a stunning report from a medical association whose findings reveal that nine out of ten doctors are at odds with ObamaCare. They believe that our healthcare system is “on the wrong track” and could force them out of their medical practices.
This report should send chills down every American’s spine. In a survey conducted by the Doctor Patient Medical Association (DPMA), a non-partisan association of doctors and patients, respondent doctors paint a very unnerving and desperate portrait of the future of our medical system under ObamaCare.
Although the survey itself was more comprehensive than we can report, here are a few of the key DPMA’s published results…
- Almost unanimous that medicine is on the wrong track, and overwhelmingly blame the government’s heavy hand;
- Government-imposed solutions (ObamaCare, electronic health information) destined to fail;
- Highest numbers ever opting out of Medicare or refuse Medicaid;
- Doctors are pessimistic – failing financially and assume things will worsen;
- See doctors and patients as the solution – not government;
- Restored autonomy, elimination of government involvement, increased patient responsibility, and free market reforms are good solutions.
- 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK.
- 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING.
- 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS.
- 85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN.
- 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems.
- 72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care.
- 49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients.
- A shortage of doctors.
- Less accessibility (especially for Medicare and Medicaid patients).
- Inferior care.
- Higher costs.
- Deteriorating doctor-patient relationships.
- Less involvement in our own medical decisions.
- Doctors and medical professionals being forced to act against their ethics (including their religious convictions).