By Joe David
Americans responded to their realization that they were being had by left-wing spins and voted in a Republican Congress.
True revolutionaries, according to Saul Alinsky, must conceal their radicalism with a conforming appearance and attitude and a disguised intent. This enables them to infiltrate the mainstream and bring about change without notice. In America, it has taken many years of covert infiltrating to change the character of the establishment (to what I identify in my article, The Corrupters).
Today, the result are apparent everywhere. The crown jewel is the election (not once, but twice) of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States.
For too long, Americans have innocently accepted the handsomely packaged lies, offered to them by the rising new establishment without examining the content. After six years of Obama’s leadership, the public has finally been able to strip away the fine wrappings and view the gift. What they have uncovered is a burgeoning welfare state that is consuming their resources at an alarming rate and an oversized government that is robbing them of their constitutional rights.
Concerned, they responded in November, not like anarchists, but like citizens. The lies and deceptions fed to them with oftentimes clever and sometimes ludicrous spins by left-wing members of government and the media were no longer able to influence their decisions negatively. To repair Obama’s damage, they elected a Republican Congress.
It is imperative to remember that journalists artfully inject their opinion and bias into all their reports.
Obama immediately declared war against the Republican-dominated Congress by signing an executive order to give amnesty to illegal immigrants already in the country. His actions, designed to flex his muscle, was intended to force Congress to either submit to him or confront him next year. To alert Congress to what can happen, if it becomes confrontational, his administration with the cooperation of the media has inflamed racial riots and demonstrations around the country.
Most Americans believe his administration has taken the country to the breaking point with its divisive decisions, its systematic shattering of relationships with long-time friends, and its commitment to a reckless spending spree that is bankrupting the country.
Worse, if it anything can be worse than that, is his administration’s war policies, which have contributed to millions of non-Muslims in the Middle East to be slaughtered or “relocated.” Obama’s disregard for peace has become so obvious that many are asking the president to return the Nobel Peace Prize, which was foolishly awarded to him in 2009 for uttering a few eloquently empty words supporting peace.
On top of that, Obama’s reign has left the country with its share of scandals, which the left-wing media has diligently tried to cover up. When reviewing the stories about these scandals in different publications, it is imperative to remember that journalists artfully inject their opinion and bias into all their reports. The facts can only be found, when provided, after considerable digging through layers of tiresome commentaries, carefully manufactured to confuse the reader. Below is a list of some of the scandals that have come to light in recent years.
- NSA Scandal under Obama– The national Security Agency has gained international attention (thanks to Edward Snowden) for spying on hundreds of millions of people around the world (including Americans) without any domestic or international constraint. By tapping into their electronic and telephone communications, the Obama administration has wrecked its credibility by shamelessly continuing a practice that began with President George Bush.
- Fast and Furious Scandal– Obama’s administration has been implicated in a clandestine operation in which guns have been generously provided to Mexican drug-cartels for criminal activities. When the House of Representatives requested Attorney General Eric Holder to release relevant records, he refused and was held in contempt. To obtain the records, Judicial Watch had to sue for its release. Holder’s recent decision to “retire” may be attributed to this scandal. (2009)
- The IRS Scandal– In 2013 it became public that the IRS had targeted almost exclusively conservative groups for intensive investigation for seeking tax exemption status – before the presidential 2012 election. A former IRS executive was held in contempt by the House of Representatives when she refused to answer questions about the scandal. Apparently 30,000 emails pertaining to the investigation were lost, but were suddenly found five months later after some “searching.” (between 2010 and 2012)
- Hot Mic Slip– Before his second election, Obama in a coded conversation with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev got caught accidentally on tape saying: “He’ll have more flexibility ‘after my election’ for negotiations on issues like missile defense” with Russia. (2012)
- Benghazi Attack– The U.S. Ambassador. J. Christopher Stevens was savagely murdered during an attack of the U.S. Special Mission Facility in Benghazi. (Several others were also killed and many more injured.) Two major questions loom: Why didn’t the Obama Administration provide the Ambassador with the backup support requested before the attack? Was the CIA in Benghazi really running arms to terrorists in Syria? (2012)
- Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl – The President sidestepped Congress and exchanged one American prisoner, Bowe Bergdahl, held by the Taliban in Afghanistan, for five senior and hardened Taliban leaders, held in the U.S. Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, prison. Bergdahl is believed to have deserted his military post in Afghanistan and voluntarily joined the Taliban side. (2014)
- Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants– Obama is provoking Congress by using his executive order inappropriately to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, against the will of the majority of the country. To compound anger, he has provided businesses with $3,000 incentives to hire such illegals over native-born workers. (2014)
- Johnathan Gruber– Gruber was hired by the administration as an advisor for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). The MIT economics professor became famous overnight for some comments made in 2013 on video, referring to “the stupidity of the American voter” for allowing this bill to be passed, which they would never have passed had they understood the content. This and other such comments have resulted in him being called to testify before a congressional panel. From the beginning, Obamacare has been seen as a controversial health care plan, conceived to wreck America’s widely respected health care system and create a subsidy program in which billions of dollars are given to insurance companies, without providing noteworthy benefits to patients. (2014)
- Ferguson– Despite the threat of rioting in the black community and of aggressive federal investigation by Attorney General Eric Holder, the jurors bravely delivered a non-guilty verdict to a police officer who shot an unarmed black teenager. Two questions linger, as a result of the riots that followed: Why was the National Guard not present as promised on the first night of the riots? And why was the verdict of the grand jury released in the evening, when it was easier for looters and rioters to conceal their identity in the darkness? (2014)
Any one of the above scandals under a Republican presidency would have been sufficient for intensive investigation by an aggressive media. But because such lawlessness is perpetrated by a democrat, the mainstream media hasn’t given these scandals any serious consideration. Therefore, the responsibility of investigating them now falls in the hands of the newly elected Congress.
This raises a very important question. Are Republicans morally cleaner than the Democrats, or are they made of the same waste? How the new Republican Congress uses it power to address years of Obama’s activities will reveal if they are patriots or Alinskyites.
Joe David is the author of The Infidels, a moving story about the World War I genocide against Christians led by the Ottoman Turks. A long-time critic of our schools, he has also written three books on education, The Fire Within. Glad You Asked! and Teacher of the Year.