Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins—or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom—Lucifer.
~ Saul Alinsky, using symbol and irony to portray his radical intent
The Wisconsin Teachers’ Union, whose main goal is to recall Wisconsin’s Governor Walker, is now being trained by a Saul Alinsky group, the Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF). Source: Big Government
The IAF organization teaches how to divide people along ideological lines, accelerate to pressure and threats, mercilessly attack those they decide are the enemies, and increase militarization until power is achieved. We are seeing this in the Occupy Wall Street movement.
The IAF now trains, not only teachers, but religious groups, charitable organizations, farmers, and so on, throughout the country and in most of the NE and West Coast. This is very disturbing because of who they are.
The IAF training was the Alinsky style community organizing training which Barack Obama received in the 1980’s and which we now see him use as President with his divide and conquer techniques.
IAF has created chaos in the Midwest and have been heavily involved in the anti-Exxon campaign. They have been funded by the Woods Foundation (Ayres) and Open Society (Soros). Read here: Undue Influence. For their entire profile, click here.
The false notion that it takes a village to educate a child, in other words, the collective, is central to their philosophy.
…IAF’s “model for education reform” calls for America’s school system to undergo a “systemic change” — where parental control over a child’s schooling is usurped by “the entire community” which “must be meaningfully involved in the public education system and held accountable for its results.” One IAF paper on education crystalizes its premise that teachers and childcare workers (whose salaries are paid by taxpayers) should play an ever-larger role in the upbringing of youngsters:
“Schools must be prepared to teach parents how to play a supportive role. In some cases this might mean making provision for parenting education…. Increasingly, schools will find it important to employ social workers who can coordinate necessary services and to intervene on behalf of a child in need…. Schools will need to help working families make provision for after-school childcare, and day care for pre-schoolers.”… Read more: Discover the Networks
The MacIver Institute took the following video as teachers entered the training session. In this video, the IAF speaker lies about the misbehavior by unions at the Madison Capitol when Governor Walker enacted his plan to save Wisconsin’s burgeoning union budgets.
The threats, videos of people defecating, the Communist symbols at the Wisconsin Capitol must have been in our imaginations.
Communist Bill Ayres spoke to the Wisconsin teachers last year. He laughingly depicts himself as a mover and shaker for the democracy movement and describes the current capitalist society as Totalitarian. All this while he admits he is a communist. His videos are here and here.
He speaks of revolution for democracy when it is communism he wants. His rhetoric is meant to mislead. He is a hypocrite. He lives as a 1%er, in a brownstone mansion as he pretends he is a supporter of the poor and common man against the rich…Read more: Big Government
For those who don’t know, Bill Ayres is the unrepentent Weather Underground terrorist of the ’60’s and ’70’s who no longer uses violence to achieve his goals of overthrowing the governemt – he is a Professor at the University of Chicago. He has recently said, however, that he could be convinced to use violence and then laughed.
Bill Ayres “Democracy,” the type that is being called for by the NPVC, will end the Capitalist system and bring in the Utopian Communist system that Bill Ayres openly espouses.
Listen to an FBI Undercover agent talking about Bill Ayres and compare it with what is happening today through the Alinsky style groups and the OWS and union Alinskyite movement.
The training tactics of the IAF can be found in a 1994 book by Jim Rooney called Organizing the South Bronx, sponsored and published by the University of the State of New York and which was praised by Ayers as on the back cover as “an outstanding book.” It is also praised by Barack Obama.
- “IAF leaders are brazenly explicit about their appetite for power.” (p. 222)
- “Once you have power, you can afford to be nice.” (p. 226)
- “To wean [churches] from fulfilling traditional expectations.” (p. 223)
- “To energize [a pastor the IAF wanted to recruit], the first thing they did at those meetings was to begin conspicuously with a prayer.” (p. 99)
- “You need diverse sources of funds, so that if [one church in an IAF-inspired coalition] want[s] to pull out our money, fine, we still have Episcopal money; if they want to pull out, then we’ve got Lutheran money. Plus, the fact that over three years we have put over $150,000 of our own money in the bank. So they can all take a big flying [expletive], I don’t care.” (p. 232)
- “There is no nice way to bring about change. All change comes through pressure and threats.” (p. 226)
- “Increase militancy by polarizing the situation, by identifying the enemy, and by developing the situation in terms of good guys and bad guys.” (p. 89)
- “It is absolutely essential to select a ripe target [a person] and build animosity toward him or her.” (p. 228)
- “A target has to be selected and mercilessly zeroed in on.” (p. 228)
- The person selected is to be “targeted as a stock villain, a lackey of the corrupt political establishment.” (p. 228)
- When a target has “become too shopworn to continue to light up anyone’s emotional switchboard,” it is necessary to choose new people to target “as action lightning rods.” (p. 228)
- “All IAF organizers take huge delight in planning the drama of confronting authorities. Perhaps it is their ecclesiastical backgrounds, with its loving attention to rituals and ceremonies, but clearly their enthusiasm for the details and rich symbolism of staged events is irrepressible.” (p. 85)
- [New York Mayor Koch:] “I had the feeling I was in some Nuremberg stadium. There was a military band. There were more than 1,000 people, chanting. They were thumping standards on the floor. It was like mass hysteria and very militant.” (p. 86) [Do we not see here a model for Obama’s Greek-columned, fireworks-enhanced stadium acceptance speech?] …Read more: Romantic Poet
Having been to several OWS rallies, I can tell you that this is exactly what is going on at Occupy Wall Street. They pursue social justice by targeting opponents for hate and ridicule to create conflict and vilification of opponents.
The IAF, which embraces Saul Alinsky tactics, has been very involved in the Catholic Campaign for Human Development. Alinsky and Ayres are Atheists. Their ultimate aim is the destruction of religion. It is infiltrating our society on every level. Read here: Catholic Culture
Alinsky’s book, Rules for Radicals calls for –
— “The first rule of power tactics is: power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.”23
— “Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.”24
— “Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this. They can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”25
— “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also, it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.”26
— “The threat is generally more terrifying than the thing itself.”27
— “In a fight almost anything goes. It almost reaches the point where you stop to apologize if a chance blow lands above the belt.”28
— “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”29
— One of the criteria for picking the target is the target’s vulnerability . . . the other important point in the choosing of a target is that it must be a personification, not something general and abstract.”30
— “The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.”31
• Saul Alinsky urged the active and deliberate “consciousness-raising” of people through the technique of “popular education.”32 Popular education is a method by which an organizer leads people to a class-based interpretation of their grievances, and to accept the organizer’s systemic solutions to address those grievances.33“Through the People’s Organization these groups [of citizens]discover that what they considered primarily their individual problem is also the problem of others, and furthermore the only hope for solving an issue of such titanic proportions is by pooling all their efforts and strengths. That appreciation and conclusion is an educational process.”34
• Rules for Radicals stresses organizational power-collecting.- “The ego of the organizer is stronger and more monumental than the ego of the leader. The leader is driven by the desire for power, while the organizer is driven by the desire to create. The organizer is in a true sense reaching for the highest level for which a man can reach-to create, to be a ‘great creator,’ to play God.”35
They believe in collectivism, class warfare, hatred of the rich and assuming the role of God. The hyperbole now being spewed against the Supreme Court of the United States by Barack Obama is the same rhetoric that will be used against Governor Walker. The exaggeration is meant to deceive, divide, rally, demean, and eventually conquer.
Click here to donate to Governor Walker