Bombshell Email Exposes Hillary’s Most Egregious Failure Yet

0
Share

WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 23: Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton speaks at the Center for American Progress March 23, 2015 in Washington, DC. Clinton joined a panel in discussing challenges facing urban centers in the United States. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

This should disqualify Hillary from running from office and it should disqualify all Democrats from supporting her.

This information was kept from the public for a year. Hillary Clinton lied about military being available to rescue the men of Benghazi. Two of her top aides were told military rescue teams were ready to be dispatched and were waiting for the State Department to give the go-ahead. She never gave it. She never tried to rescue the men though she knew there was a team to do it. She made a political decision to let them die.

Hillary Clinton and other high level officials testified that the U.S. military was too far away to attempt a rescue of Ambassador Stevens the night of the attack on the mission. We have been told that repeatedly.

In an email just released, we find that Hillary’s top aides were told they could move to Benghazi the night of the attack.

The email is heavily redacted but it reads in part:

Jeremy Bash, then the Defense Department’s chief of staff, wrote in an email to top aides [Jake Sullivan and Tom Nides] to Hillary Clinton the night of Sept. 11, 2012 that Gen. Martin Dempsey and the Joint Chiefs of Staff had “identified the forces that could move to Benghazi.””They are spinning as we speak,” Bash wrote within hours of the start of the attack.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-08-at-7.16.52-PM-620x390

The Pentagon was waiting for approval from the State Department to send the forces in.

The House Select Committee on Benghazi said they did receive the email last year and will include it in the final report but chose not to make it public.

Rescue was more ignored than not possible.

In May of 2013, the deputy of slain U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, Gregory Hicks told congressional investigators that a team of Special Forces prepared to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks was forbidden from doing so by U.S. Special Operations Command Africa.

Obama administration officials insisted that no military resources could have made it in time. A White House official told CBS News that, at the start of the attack, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Martin Dempsey and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta “looked at available options, and the ones we exercised had our military forces arrive in less than 24 hours, well ahead of timelines laid out in established policies.”

Conservative political writer Ken Timmerman, in his book, Dark Force: The Truth about What Happened in Benghazi, wrote that the former Secretary of State, and Director of the CIA John Brennan, did the following on the night of September 11, 2012:

“They refused to convene the Counterterrorism Security Group (CSG), the only structured, experienced, interagency reaction team that could have decided which resources of the government were available for deployment immediately.

They refused to activate the State Department-led Foreign Emergency Support Team (FEST), an extraordinary operational unit whose sole purpose was to rescue U.S. diplomats under attack and to stand up emergency services within hours using dedicated military, law enforcement, security, medical and secure communications personnel. They practiced a full-scale exercise twice every year at an overseas location.

Both decisions were clearly based on political opportunity, not operational concerns,” he theorized.

 

Email Source: The Washington Examiner

Share