The figurative burning of conservative books continues with relish on our college campuses. There is a silent banning of conservative thought that can be clearly and unequivocally seen in the required reading for Freshman college students.
Burning of the Constitution
The Young America’s Foundation (YAF) studied the required reading lists for incoming Freshman of our top 50 colleges and universities for the past three years and found that the lists included no conservative books and only included books with leftist “perspectives on topics such as race, feminism, socialism, inequality, and wealth redistribution.”
Ironically, these colleges claim “to foster a sense of community among students through igniting university-wide discussions.”
These book lists are sent home before the students even get to college.
Liberals think diverse thinking means diverse thought throughout liberal ideologies only.
Examples of books:
- Class Matters by The New York Times which advocates against free-market principles.
- Americanah by Chimamanda Nogzi Adichie which focuses on race in a unique way and blames the U.S. and their perception of immigrants for the wrongdoings of any immigrants. Everyone gets blamed but the guilty party. Check out this quote: “Dear Non-American Black, when you make the choice to come to America, you become black. Stop arguing. Stop saying I’m Jamaican or I’m Ghanaian. America doesn’t care.”
- The Sixth Extinction by Elisabeth Colbert claims we are causing a mass extinction due to global warming. They advocate for sustainability.
- Home by Toni Morrison is yet another novel about how hard Blacks have it thanks to PTSD in Blacks caused by the White man.
- Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer required at Duke University promotes vegetarianism beyond all reasonableness. In PETA fashion, they want every carnivore to study the effect on every animal we eat, determine the harm we are causing, and then not eat the meat. There is a new study out which says plants know you are eating them. What will the vegetarians do when they think about that?
Go to the Foundation’s website on this link. There is a lot of good information about what is happening in our colleges and universities. Be informed!
My friend is a lifelong Democrat whose mother, now deceased, was a friend of the Clintons. She is an Atheist and thinks Christians are more dangerous than Muslims. I could go on with her left-leaning views but you get the idea. She never voted for a Republican until Mitt Romney. She said the other day that she always thought she was a liberal but she now questions it.
The parties are changing and it’s causing a lot of confusion on both sides. Liberal Republicans are called RINOs though some aren’t and Democrats who are totalitarian in their views are still called Democrats.
When we think of “liberal”, we think of the dictionary definitions of the word: open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values,” or “(of education) concerned mainly with broadening a person’s general knowledge and experience, rather than with technical or professional training.” We think progress or reform. We don’t think narrowness of thought, robotic K-12 learning, anti-religion unless it’s Islam, or hatred towards the United States as it is being defined in the Democratic Party currently.
Liberalism in politics has come to mean the welfare state politics of LBJ’s New Deal and FDR’s socialist Bill of Rights which align with the U.N’s.
Classical liberals like our Founding Fathers were committed to individualism, liberty and equal rights. Economic challenges and statists in totalitarian countries fomented rebellion of principles of classical liberalism.
The Great Depression and the failed economic principles of John Maynard Keynes, who justified interventionism, are now integral to liberal thought.
Not all of the policies are bad of course which causes even more confusion. The public works projects of FDR were great.
The liberal principles of equal rights now encompass redistribution, marginalization of majority opinion, and government intrusion on all sectors of the economy in wage distribution, hiring and firing practices, everything. It is also seeks to intrude on our social behavior mandating what they think are acceptable principles of social justice – liberals are social liberals.
They have expanded civil rights to the point of intruding on the rights of others. Civil Rights, once reserved for Blacks who have suffered greatly, now takes in people’s sexual proclivities and gender, diminishing the very concept.
It is becoming totalitarian and Marxist while that minority of Democrats who still adhere to classical liberalism are finding a home in the conservative movement, not to be equated with extreme right.