Hillary Clinton not only lied about Benghazi during her congressional hearing, she was arrogant about it as she left the State Department for the last time. Her final farewell included jabs at her opponents.
The media, including Fox News, has said that the Benghazi ship has sailed. It’s all over. We will not discover the truth about Benghazi:
- We will not be told why the administration invented the narrative about the video. We will not know why they kept repeating the video story when they knew that it was not the case.
- Hillary said that they did not have the information in real time though her second in command said they had constant contact.
- The administration did not try to help the murdered men during the ten hours they were left to die. We don’t know why or who was doing what at the time.
- Congress has not been allowed to interview the survivors – they don’t even know the survivors’ names.
- The administration has done nothing about going after the attackers. In fact, one of the men seen on the video at the mission that night was interviewed by our media in a cafe but not by the FBI.
- It took the FBI six weeks to get to the site and they only stayed for three hours. It was a CNN reporter who found the Ambassador’s diary, not the FBI.
- There are no answers as to why they had such minimal security in Benghazi despite ongoing pleas for help.
- They won’t tell the families what actually happened.
- We don’t know who sent Susan Rice out with the fallacious story she told on the Sunday News Shows and we don’t know where the talking points she used came from.
- Various people took blame for the talking points and then took it back. No one was held to account for lying before Congress.
The Independent Accountability Review Board wrote a scathing report about the systemic problems at State. They found the Department seriously lacking in their handling of the Benghazi affair and in general. Hillary was the head of State and suffered no repercussions. In fact, her approval rating has soared to 70%.
While the Board found that the State Department, which Hillary ran and was responsible for, had egregious systemic problems, they wimped out on placing blame. Hillary masterfully turned it around and said she was “so unhappy” with some people refusing to accept the facts and “politicizing” everything about the case. She wants to not look backward [at her failures] but to find out what went wrong and to correct any problems. People seem to have bought it.
Hillary believes that her job is not to explain what happened but to make improvements, she said as she walked out the door.
Hillary Clinton bluffed her way through her day-long Benghazi testimony before Congress and Congress appeared woefully unprepared to take her on. That is baffling because the cards were stacked against her.
Hillary repeatedly blamed a video for the Benghazi attack and then said she never did. She actually said she didn’t, even though we heard her blame the video when she accepted the coffins of the four murdered Americans at Andrews Air Force base. She told Ty Woods father that she was going to have the video producer arrested.
When congress needed her to testify, she was wine-tasting in Australia or luxuriating in Peru. Then there was her unfortunate but timely accident. Before her accident, she was able to delay her testimony until Benghazi was completely out of the news cycle, though it barely made it into the cycle thanks to the complicit media.
Hillary told the AP that critics of the administration’s handling of the attack don’t live in an “evidence-based world,” and their refusal to “accept the facts” is unfortunate and regrettable for the political system.
What facts? She didn’t give us any facts!
Hillary refused to look back at her egregious errors and everyone let her get away with it. What difference does it make, she asked, in her scripted outburst before Congress.
Tell Mrs. Smith, mother of murdered aide, Sean Smith, that it doesn’t make a difference:
At this point, what difference does it make? Apparently, many in the general public feel it makes no difference.