Students at Western Washington State University are demanding a school of Social Justice Indoctrination be built at the university’s expense. It will be called the College of Power and Liberation.
The activists demand a student committee to police offensive speech and arrange culturally segregated living arrangements at the school. They want the right to investigate professors and students who are guilty of micro-agressions and not providing enough safe spaces for students. They demand the right to fire police who are guilty of micro-aggressions.
This is your future under Fascists because these ill-taught young people outnumber the older people. Free speech will be a thing of the past along with many other freedoms.
The Daily Caller said the demands issued by the Student Assembly for Power and Liberation (SAPL) may not be as lengthy as those issued at Oberlin College, or as visible as those made at the University of Missouri or Harvard University, but they more than make up for that in sheer ambition.
The activist Student Assembly for Power and Liberation (SAPL), the name of which exceeds even what George Orwell conceived, posted their list of demands last week. This is only a glossing over. They had much more toe ay.
- Establish this Orwellian Fascist college
- Have separate cultural dorms.
- The university must admit they are occupying Nooksack and Lummi land and acknowledge their legacy of colonialism.
- They want the power to hire and fire professors and police and investigate students.
- Control of programming and a new library are paramount.
- A yearly emergency fund be established for underrepresented students so they can stay in college.
- Work study positions be set up for 20% of the students.
- $50,000 from the University to put on an opening event that will introduce the College and its mission.
- The group demands an annually dedicated revenue of $45,000 for compensation of students and faculty doing de-colonial work on campus which includes fighting racism, misogyny, trans- and homo-phobia on this campus.
- They demand the creation and implementation of a 15 person [that’s how they spell it] paid student committee, The Office for Social Transformation, to monitor, document, and archive all racist, anti- black, transphobic, cissexist, misogynistic, ablest, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic, anti-semitism, and otherwise oppressive behavior on campus.
- They demand it all by Spring.
- They demand that any Western Washington University student who has been targeted by, harassed by, or has experienced excruciating acts of violence that was racialized, sexualized, gendered, based on ability, employment status, citizenship and/or mental health from the University, either through its policies or institutional agents, must be compensated by the University.
- They want ten professors chosen by them to kick off the indoctrination camp.
- The Daily Beast author Robbie Soave wrote: The list of demands ends with a lengthy denunciation of WWU’s marginalization of “hxstorically oppressed students.” The misspelling is intentional: “hxstory,” I presume, was judged to be more PC than “history,” which is gendered, triggering, and perhaps violent. It’s easy for me to laugh at these clumsy attempts to make language obey the dictates of political correctness—but I laugh from a position of relative safety, since I am not a WWU professor.
WWU President Bruce Shepard told The Bellingham Herald that only the Faculty Senate can propose an entirely new college, and that many of the other demands would violate contracts with university employees, internal policies, and even federal law, according to The College Fix.
The oppressive students said that they are being “oppressed.”
This is something to be concerned about. It’s a concept developing on many campuses throughout the country. It’s the statist entitlement culture that the leftists have brought us.
Much of this is the result of weak, cowardly college administrators. This comes only a few months after the Western Washington University president canceled classes in order to “go after” people who allegedly posted hate speech on social media.
We are not raising patriotic, moral, self-sufficient Americans as in the past. We are raising whiney, lazy, entitled lightweights. The country won’t sustain freedom as these angry, leftists go forth and multiply.
A Professor warns against the PC culture.