Janet Napolitano is closing nine border stations instead of opening new ones. She admitted that terrorists go through our southern border from “time-to-time.” Nice!
During the July 25 hearing before Congress, Rep. Ron Barber (D-Ariz.) asked Janet Napolitano: “As you know, Madam Secretary, there have been anecdotal reports about material evidence of the presence of terrorists along our southern border. My question is, is there any credible evidence that these reports are accurate and that terrorists are, in fact, crossing our southern border with the intent to do harm to the American people?”
With none of the assurance that one would hope the head of DHS would convey, Napolitano answered: “With respect, there have been — and the Ababziar matter would be one I would refer to that’s currently being adjudicated in the criminal courts — from time to time, and we are constantly working against different and evolving threats involving various terrorist groups and various ways they may seek to enter the country.” [the Blaze]
The House had to subpoena the DHS records used for a report released today which demonstrates the loose and dangerous immigration policy followed by our feckless administration. DHS wouldn’t hand the records over. Since when is Janet Napolitano above the law?
The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service in conjunction with the House Judiciary released a report which shows that 1 in 6 llegal immigrants is re-arrested on criminal charges within three years of release.
The Service combed through DHS records from October 2008 to July 2011.
Below are key findings from the CRS report as reported by the House Judiciary
- The data provided to the House Judiciary Committee by DHS includes 276,412 records of charges against illegal and criminal immigrants identified by Secure Communities between October 27, 2008 and July 31, 2011. There are 159,286 unique individuals in the database and 205,101 unique arrest incidents.
- Of those released, CRS found that about 17% of illegal and criminal immigrants, or 26,412, were rearrested on criminal charges. These 26,412 recidivists accounted for a total of 42,827 arrests and 57,763 alleged violations.
- The categories of crimes charged include nearly 8,500 DUI (14.6%), over 6,000 Drug Violations (10.9%), more than 4,000 Major Criminal Offenses (7.1%), which includes murder, assault, battery, rape, and kidnapping, nearly 3,000 Theft (4.9%), and over 1,000 Other Violent Crimes (2.1%), which includes carjacking, child cruelty, child molestation, domestic abuse, lynching, stalking, and torture.
- These crimes committed by both illegal and legal immigrants include 59 murders, 21 attempted murders, and 542 sex crimes.
- Of those rearrested, nearly 30%, or 7,283, were illegal immigrants. Since 46,734 illegal immigrants were released, this means they have a recidivism rate of 16%. These illegal immigrants should have been deported but the Obama administration’s lax immigration policies released them back into our communities.
- The crimes charged against these illegal immigrants include nearly 2,000 DUI (11.9%), over 1,400 drug violations (8.8%), and more than 1,000 major criminal offenses and violent crimes (6.9%), including murder, assault, battery, rape, kidnapping, child molestation, domestic abuse, lynching, stalking, and torture.
- These crimes committed by illegal immigrants include 19 murders, 3 attempted murders, and 142 sex crimes.
In researching one of the identified murder cases, the House Judiciary Committee found a case where an illegal immigrant was flagged by Secure Communities under the Obama administration’s watch – for vehicle theft in June 2010 – and he was arrested again for an attempt to commit grand theft just five months later. After this illegal immigrant was released, he and another illegal immigrant were arrested on suspicion of killing a man who had chased the perpetrators who had robbed his 68-year-old grandfather.
The report also showed that recidivism among illegals is less than that of citizens and residents. Who cares? In the least, we must send those who commit any crime back to their native land. In any case, many crimes go unreported and/or are not followed up on. The figure is likely higher than what the numbers show.
Congressman Tom Rooney (R-FL) released the following statement regarding the recently proposed “Criminal Alien Removal Act” -
“This report highlights exactly why Congress needs to pass my Criminal Alien Removal Act, and in the meantime, President Obama needs to enforce the immigration laws we already have on the books. If you come into this country and you commit a crime, you should serve your sentence and go back to your home country. You can’t stay here and continue to commit crimes against our citizens.”-Congressman Tom Rooney (R-FL)
The bill would in essence “require DHS to ensure that criminal aliens are removed from the United States upon release from incarceration. It would also “allow prison officials to hold criminal aliens after their sentences end to make sure they can be transferred into federal custody and removed from the United States.” [Javier Manjarres]
Personally, I don’t know why we need this bill. If Napolitano, Holder, and Obama would simply obey federal law, we would remove criminal illegal aliens.
From the July 25th hearing mentioned above, Rep. King pressed Napolitano on the issue of allowing terrorist group member, Hani Nour Eldin, to freely enter the country and attend a meeting at the White House.
Napolitano feels it can be useful at times whereas in the past it wasn’t. (Useful to let terrorist group members in to attend White House meetings!!!) Apparently, Eldin was vetted several times without them discovering he was a member of a designated terrorist organization and all they had to do was go to his Facebook page where he brags about it.
Napolitano said we have to add nuances to the situation. WHAT? Eldin belongs to a terrorist organization and escaped Napolitano’s most intensive vetting process!!! Nuances, good grief.
God help us.