Benghazi is a ‘phony’ scandal and Democrats can prove it.
For one thing, the Democrats insist there was never a ‘stand down’ order. There wasn’t apparently. There was a ‘hold in place’ order. [The semantic word games are mind-numbing.]
Huffington Post said Thursday:
House Democrats concluded Thursday the U.S. military wasn’t ordered to “stand down” during last year’s attack on a diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, rejecting Republican claims the Obama administration held back military assets while Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed.
The 80-page report ordered by Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, senior Democrat on the House oversight committee, also defended a Benghazi review led by former U.N. Ambassador Thomas Pickering and Adm. Mike Mullen, the former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman. Both are veterans of Democratic and Republican administrations.
Testifying before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Admiral Mike Mullen said that the direction given to Special Operations Command Africa commander Lt. Col Gibson was to “hold in place” on the night of the attacks.
Gibson is the boss of Gregory Hicks, the former deputy chief of mission in Libya who had testified that a “stand down” order was given to Special Forces who wanted to
Democrats have more proof. They have the ARB report. The ARB report, was compiled by 5 people, four of whom were selected by Hillary Clinton. It was the State Department investigating itself.
The ARB report stopped short of interviewing the top policy makers at the State Department including Hillary Clinton and Patrick Kennedy despite the fact that their policy decisions left the mission in Benghazi without even minimal security in place.
Stephen Hayes of The Weekly Standard reports, “…the ARB did not speak with nine key military officials on the ground in Libya or Germany who were deeply involved in the US response to the attacks,” not even Lt. Col. Steven Gibson, who is credited with getting a “stand-down” order that the administration disputes.
The 30 people who were in Benghazi the night of the attack are still being hidden from Congress and the American people. These victims have been subjected to monthly lie detector tests and have been made to sign non-disclosure agreements to not release any information about the night of the attack.
Free Beacon reports that a CIA employee who refused to sign Eric Holder’s non-disclosure agreement has been suspended and has been forced to hire legal counsel.
CIA director John Brennan promised there would be no repercussions if anyone talked and he denies this is going on now.
There is nothing to hide I’m sure!
Another bit of proof provided by Democrats was posted on Politico. Mullen’s testified that F-16’s could not have been deployed to fly over the consulate to disrupt the attacks. He said the planes would have needed refueling as many as two times en route, making it impossible. He said it was ‘a time distance physics’ problem.
Rep. Mica said “There is no reason that we couldn’t launch from at least three locations,” Mica said.
The planes in Tripoli were not allowed to fly. They had a ‘stand down’, oh, no, wait, ‘hold in place’ order which had nothing to do with re-fueling.
There you have it. The Democrats have proven their case. Benghazi is a ‘phony’ scandal.