A top DHS screening official testified before the House Oversight Committee this week and she could not answer one question. This is one of the people protecting us.
I wonder who this DHS screening official aka the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Screening Coordination Officer of Policy, Department of Homeland Security, is related to or if her parents are Obama donors. If it’s not nepotism or a payoff, then it’s just incompetent hiring practices. This woman knew absolutely nothing. She’s in charge of interagency and intra-agency but didn’t know anything related to refugee numbers and visa overstays or anything about what goes to what agency for that matter.
The title sounds like it was invented to give her a job.
She is in charge of our “robust” visa vetting program.
Questions on statistics she couldn’t answer:
- How many Syrian refugees came into the US last year?
- How many Americans traveled to Syria and returned in the last year?
- How many visa overstays are there currently in the US?
- Do we know if they have been to Syria? Could they be right here right now?
- How does a person get put on the no-fly list?
- How many Americans are on the no-fly list?
These are the basic security questions she couldn’t answer:
- Do most people coming into this country come in by plane or car or walking?
- What percentage of people who come in by air but are now illegal do you capture?
- Are there hundreds of people here illegally now?
- Do you have a list of those people and who is it shared with? Who?
- Are there any visa overstays who are a threat? She said some are grandmas.
- When do they get a removal order?
- How many removal orders have been sent out?
- Which databases does that information go into?
Jeh Johnson sent her as the expert on these topics.