Eric Holder is suing Florida at taxpayer expense.
Governor Rick Scott was sweeping the Florida rolls for potentially ineligible voters and that upset Holder considerably.
Thomas Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the DOJ Civil Rights Division said that the “overriding interest in protecting the rights of eligible citizens to register and vote free from unlawful burdens, while at the same time ensuring that ineligible persons do not register and vote in federal elections in violation of the law.”
So far, Florida found 2600 potential non-citizen voters. On Monday, they said the Florida Secretary of State announced that Florida was suing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for access to its federal database as a part of that continued effort.
“I have an obligation to enforce the laws of our land. You don’t get to vote in Florida if you’re a non-U.S. citizen,” Scott said on CNN Tuesday.
Most Florida counties stopped the process.
I think the DOJ wants to protect the votes of dead and illegitimate voters myself.
What states aren’t we suing at this point?
Holder has too much time on his hands and he has too many staff members. We need to fire 2/3 rds of his department.
Read more at CBS News