The left likes to claim that Dick Morris is spreading conspiracy theories. It’s not true.
The small arms treaty, if passed, will absolutely limit our gun rights. It will slowly erode them and eventually eliminate them. It will bring our Constitution closer to Justice Ginsberg’s favorite – the Progressive South African Constitution.
If you need background information, check out Small Arms Treaty to slowly eliminate our second amendment.
Dick Morris’ Small Arms Treaty Alert -
A treaty cannot violate the Constitution which is the argument people are using to say we do not have to worry about this treaty. However, a whittling away of the amendment by placing unmanageable demands on gun dealers and owners will have the same effect.
Some constitutional lawyers say the treaty cannot overrule our second amendment and others say it will. That is too much indecision for me to criticize Dick Morris and trust Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.
While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:
- Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
- Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
- Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
- Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
- In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.
Please remember that in the last SCOTUS go-round on the second amendment, we were one vote short of losing the second amendment. Justice Stevens wrote in his opinion that we the people have no inherent right to self-defense, which is an even more dangerous precedent than eliminating just guns. We will be in jail for just trying to stay alive when threatened.
The NRA perspective is that all gun owners must now be concerned about our future right to keep and bear arms. The international lobby to eradicate private gun ownership has found like-minded people in Obama and his administration.
The U.N. Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) would cover not only tanks, helicopters, and other heavy weapons, but also rifles, handguns and shotguns. They also want it to cover ammo.
The NRA feels the day we lose the second amendment is nigh.
Wayne LaPierre, NRA -
How the Constitution does not protect us against the U.N. is explained at Libertygunrights.com
The left’s view on the second amendment is to get rid of it. Bill Maher makes a point of our not being able to defeat a tyrannical government (such as ours might be one day) because our government has nuclear weapons. Certainly, without any weaponry, we have no chance but with weaponry and infiltration, we would have a chance.
That is not the point, however. The point is that we are allowed to defend ourselves against break-ins and we are allowed to engage in target practice and skeet shooting. We are allowed to hunt. That is what the leftists want to take away.
In this video, check out the arrogant smirk of the woman who wants to eliminate the second amendment -
Update: 7/9/12: Talks began today with the United States declaring they do not want to include ammo but they will listen to discussions on the issue.