Evidence on Motive Barred from Fort Hood Terror Trial

0
Share

workplace-violence-400x277

Photo of Nadal Hassan superimposed on a photo of murdered and wounded victims in Fort Hood

The one opportunity for the Fort Hood victims to prove the terror attack on Fort Hood was actually a terror attack might have been stopped Monday by a judge who refused to allow evidence that goes to motive.

The judge in the Fort Hood terror trial of Nadal Hassan – Col. Tara Osborn – blocked several witnesses and most evidence proving Hasan’s motive was terrorism.

Prosecutors hoped to prove motive in the 2009 terror attack that left 13 dead and 30 others wounded on the Texas military base.

They were barred from introducing Hasan’s emails to Anwar al-Awlaki from December 2008 on. Awlaki was the radical Islamist killed by a US drone in 2011.

Osbourne would not allow Hasan’s interest in conscientious objector status or past academic presentations presented as evidence. She said the evidence was too old. It is the government and its PC proclivities that dragged this trial out for four years.

Aside from the fact that this could affect the outcome of the trial, it will prevent the victims from collecting the benefits and medals they deserve. Some are even paying for their own medical care because the terror attack was declared workplace violence by the Obama administration. The administration likes to downplay terrorism to enhance their image.

The victims have had to suffer one insult after another since 2009. They had to go through Hasan’s demand that he be allowed to have a beard while in uniform during the trial. They had already gone through the outrage of being told the terror attack was workplace violence.

They also had to suffer lies from Secretary Leon Panetta, who said ‘workplace violence’ was the broader term for Islamic radicalism, and lies from then-Pentagon press secretary George Little, who claimed that survivors of the shooting would get the same benefits as any service member.

via WBTV

…Pentagon press secretary George Little lied when he said that the Department of Defense “will not, at this time, further characterize” the shooting because it is committed to the integrity of the ongoing court-martial proceedings against Hasan. There are concerns that formally changing the designation could affect the legal proceedings.

Little said survivors of the shooting are “eligible for the same medical benefits as any service member.”

Staff Sgt. Shawn Manning, who was shot six times that day, said his injuries prevented him from continuing to serve. But he won’t receive the same benefits as those severely wounded on the battlefield because an Army medical evaluation board didn’t deem his injuries to be combat-related, he said.

An October 2011 letter on behalf of Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was sent to U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, saying “the department is dealing with the threat of violent Islamist extremism in the context of a broader threat of workplace violence.”

But the National Counterterrorism Center’s 2009 Report on Terrorism called the Fort Hood shooting a “high fatality terrorist attack.” The shooting also was mentioned in the State Department’s “Country Reports on Terrorism 2009.”…

Using the allegedly ‘broader’ term ‘workplace violence’ deprived the victims and could not logically then be considered the broader term. Since when was ‘workplace violence’ a broad term for a radical Islamic terror attack? Leon Panetta is a liar as well.

More details about Fort Hood

If the victims speak about this turn of events, I will post the video here.

Share