Check out the story preceding this with the highlights of Brenner’s confirmation hearing. I plan to do more on it later.
President Obama was MIA during the entire attack and Hillary was AWOL even though they knew was a terror attack on 9/11.
General Dempsey knew about the August memo from Amb. Stevens pleading for help because the consulate could not be defended but was surprised that Hillary Clinton did not.
Clinton and Obama spent a week blaming a video and getting the producer thrown in jail for a year on a probation violation no one would have to suffer a year in jail for, knowing all the while, that it was a terror attack unrelated to the video. Nice people.
Can you say cover-up? The media doesn’t care by the way.
1. We have a blizzard rolling in with hurricane force winds. I will likely lose power and be unable to communicate for a day or more but maybe I will get lucky and that won’t happen.
2. A hacker named Gruccifer posted photos and emails of the Bush family which were explosive. For instance, Jeb Bush hailed his father’s “kindness and good nature” and his kindness towards Bill Clinton which he believes helped resuscitate Clinton’s damaged image.
Photos of Bush Sr in the hospital, family photos, emails of even extended family members were released. Gruccifer doesn’t seem to know there is something called privacy rights. [Drudge]
3. NKorea is preparing to launch their Intercontinental missile which they hope to aim at us. They appear to have the ability to hit Hawaii.
4. Ahmadinejad is in Egypt forming the Syria-Iran-Egypt Axis of Evil – he hopes. But we are doing the right thing by arming Egypt to the teeth so they can attack our greatest ally in the ME. We are geniuses. Couldn’t we send them food and clothing instead?
5. CUNY is co-hosting a “Homonationalism and Pinkwashing” Conference for a day of fun and frivolity at the expense of Israel. The Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies at City University of New York is holding the conference next year to accuse Israel of using their strong record on gay rights to detract from the “oppression of Palestinians”, while ignoring “the existence of Palestinian gay-rights organizations”, according to a release from CLAGS.
You can’t win. The CLAGS seem to forget that in the countries they so admire, they’d be hung for being gay whereas in Israel, they are treated the same as everyone else. [Stupid? Vile? Loons? You decide.] [algemeiner]
6. And for some good news: Check this one out! Scientists might have created a synthetic molecule that causes cancer to commit suicide.
7. A disabled school Veteran was fired from his custodial job for standing up for the flag:
8. Catholic Bishops rejected Obama’s revised contraceptive rule which is merely an accounting trick. Obama and HHS are still violating freedom of religion. [Fox News]
19. Spree killer, Chris Dorner, still on the loose in California.
10. The ACLU is suing an Ohio school for hanging a portrait of Jesus in their lobby.
The Superintendent said, “We’re not violating the law and the picture is legal because it has historical significance. It hasn’t hurt anyone.”
School officials have said the portrait was donated by a student group and has been in the school since about 1947. [Fox News]
The ACLU rails against God being visible in any way, shape or form in any public area but they are A-OK with Obama’s violations of the Constitution except maybe Habeas Corpus which they like to use to get terrorists out of jail.
11. Obama is campaigning again, this time to erode the Second Amendment. They are also campaigning for full amnesty. I get the emails every day. They are all heartwarming and anecdotal if you believe them.
While Obama is looking to erode the Second Amendment, Senators Marco Rubio and Debbie Stabenow are looking for solutions. They proposed spending $1 billion over the next ten years to strengthen the mental healthcare system.
Sheriff Richard Stanek of Minneapolis said that a third of his inmates are mentally ill and might not be in jail if they had been treated. [abc News]
Mental health checks for gun permits are not unreasonable but I doubt the criminals will follow up on them.
93% of gun crimes, according to the ATF, are committed with illegal guns. Of all crimes committed with guns in NYS, which has the strictest gun laws in the nation, only 1/4 of 1% of them were with legally registered guns by the legal owner.
12. California is all but banning guns, they hope. They want assault guns – out, detachable magazines – out; no grandfathering for most guns; background checks on ammo; add to the banned list of guns; fees for buying ammo; ban possession of more than 10 bullets; all weapons to be registered; and mandated violence insurance for legal gun owners. None of these laws would have saved the children in Sandy Hook. [CBS News]
13. The WH which forced sequester on Congress by saying he – Obama – would not sign the spending deal bill unless sequester was included is now claiming it is the Republicans who don’t care about the military. Check it out on Politico, I don’t want to link to them.
14. Best yet, Dr. Paul Krugman admits there will be Death Panels and taxes to deal with our future ills.
Krugman, after speaking at the Sixth & I Historic Synagogue in Washington, D.C., was asked about the debt crisis.
After arguing it’s no big deal in the near term, Krugman admitted that “Eventually we do have a problem. The population is getting older, health care costs are rising … . Something is going to have to give.”
What’s that something? According to Krugman, it’s middle-class pocketbooks. “We won’t be able to pay for the kind of society we want without some increases in taxes,” he said, “and surely in the end it will require some middle-class taxes as well, maybe a value added tax.”
That’s not all. We’re also “going to have to … really make decisions about health care, (and) not pay for health care that has no demonstrated medical benefits.”
In case anyone failed to get what he was talking about, Krugman made it clear, saying the snarky version is: “Death panels and sales taxes is how we do this.”
P.S. California is dumping Algebra from the eight-grade syllabus. What do liberals have against Algebra? Well, you can’t push those 12-year olds – wait until they’re ready – which will probably be never. [Daily Caller]