“What if Mary is another name for Gaia? Then her capacity for
virgin birth is no miracle . . . it is a role of Gaia since life began . . .
She is of this Universe and, conceivably, a part of God. On Earth,
she is the source of life everlasting and is alive now;
she gave birth to humankind and we are part of her.”
– Sir James Lovelock,
Ages of Gaia
James Lovelock, global warming scientist, now admits he was too alarmist. He has to admit that because his predictions would have had us burning up by now. Five years ago he said, “Before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable.” He also said things such as by 2040, China will be uninhabitable.
Lovelock said that the climate is playing its tricks and the temperature is now remaining constant. He still believes in global warming but not to the extreme that he described. Well, I have a question, if the climate is playing its usual tricks, why are all the climate alarmists so sure that we are going to burn up?
In 2007, Time magazine named him as one 13 leaders and visionaries in an article on Heroes of the Environment. My personal observation is that he is probably a little too imaginative.
He wrote two books, Revenge of Gaia: Why the Earth Is Fighting Back and How We Can Still Save Humanity, and The Vanishing Face of Gaia: A Final Warning: Enjoy It While You Can – he is writing a third. His Gaia Theory says that “life maintains conditions suitable for its own survival.” I would suggest skipping it since he is making it up.
Lovelock’s previous alarms –
- Civilization in its present form hasn’t got long.
- Before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable.
- By 2040 every summer in Europe will be… between 110F and 120F. It is not the death of people that is the main problem, it is the fact that the plants can’t grow. There will be almost no food grown in Europe.
- By 2040, parts of the Sahara desert will have moved into middle Europe. We are talking about Paris. As far north as Berlin. In Britain we will escape because of our oceanic position. By 2040, China will be uninhabitable.
- Florida will be gone altogether, the whole damned place, in not too long.
- We have no option but to take our punishment and be glad that there will be enough of us to survive.
Read more: Daily Mail