Harry Reid thinks no one, including the rich, mind paying more taxes. Only Republicans in Congress mind, Dirty Harry claimed Friday.
Those miserable congressional Republicans won’t let us pay more taxes. To hell I say!
Harry said, “The only people who feel there shouldn’t be more coming in to the federal government from the rich people are the Republicans in the Congress,” Reid said. “Everybody else, including the rich people, are willing to pay more. They want to pay more.”
Recording via BizPacReview and RealClearPolitics
It’s not surprising that he would say that really, Harry Reid thinks we are paying all these taxes voluntarily! Remember this interview?
Other stupid Reid quotes:
1. He offered his wisdom on the Iraq war: ‘This war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything.’
2. Then there was the time he extolled Barack Obama’s virtues: he is “light-skinned” and has “no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one.” [Whatever that means]
3. In 2010, he was so happy that the economy ‘only’ lost 36,000 jobs, he said: ‘Today is a big day in America. Only 36,000 people lost their jobs today.’
4. Also in 2010, he said: ‘I don’t know how anyone of Hispanic heritage could be a Republican.’
5. During the recent government shutdown, he was asked why the Senate wouldn’t try to help “one child who has cancer” by approving a mini-spending bill, he shot back: “Why would we want to do that?” He followed it up by telling the reporter, Dana Bash, she was ‘irresponsible’ and ‘reckless’ for simply asking the question.
6. He called Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand the ‘hottest’ member of Congress.
7. In July of this year, he eloquently expressed his discontent over the Republican resistance on Obama nominees: ‘I ate shit on some of those nominees.’
8. In July 2012, he described the Nuclear Regulatory Commission member William Magwood as a ‘first-class rat,” “treacherous, miserable liar,” “shit stirrer,” and “one of the most unethical, prevaricating, incompetent people I’ve ever dealt with.’
9. He once said to George W. Bush, ‘Your dog is fat.’ [Even a dog isn’t safe from Harry]
10. To one reporter he said, she should ‘watch the [Senate] floor more often. … You might learn something.’ … Reid asked the reporter if she ‘spoke English.’ ‘Turn up your Miracle Ear,’ Reid added.”
11. He said George Bush was ‘a loser,’ Clarence Thomas ‘is an embarrassment,’ and he called General Peter Pace, Chairman Of The Joint Chiefs Of Staff, ‘Incompetent.’ He said he couldn’t stand John McCain.’ [What a guy, he’s so civil!]
12. He had some nice words to say about tourists to Capitol Hill as well: ‘You Can Always Tell When It Is Summertime Because You Can Smell The Visitors. The visitors stand out in the high humidity, heat, and they sweat. There is no place for them to go.’
13. On anyone who opposed the Democratic health plan: ‘When This Country Belatedly Recognized The Wrongs Of Slavery, There Were Those Who Dug In Their Heels And Said: Slow Down. This is indeed historic, as I began my conversation today. I am not afraid to say it is. But instead of joining us on the right side of history, all Republicans can come up with is this: Slow down. Stop everything. Let’s start over. If you think you have heard these same excuses before, you are right. When this country belatedly recognized the wrongs of slavery, there were those who dug in their heels and said: Slow down. It is too early. Let’s wait. Things aren’t bad enough.’
14. On seniors: ‘Seniors love getting junk mail. It’s sometimes their only way of communicating or feeling like they’re part of the real world.’
15. In September, Reid called the Tea Party ‘terrorists,’ ‘fanatics,’ and ‘Anarchists’ living in a ‘partisan bubble.’ He said that Republicans are ‘radical’ and beholden to Tea Party ‘Anarchists.’ He called Michele Bachmann a ‘modern day Anarchist.’ He told all Republicans and Libertarians ‘to get a life.’
The jury is no longer out. Harry Reid is a dope.