Hasan’s Workplace Violence Is America’s Disgrace

0
Share

hasan

Photo of Nadal Hassan in his prison garb

Nadal Hassan, the Ft. Hood terrorist who murdered 13 people and injured more than 30 began his opening statement at his trial Tuesday saying, “The evidence will clearly show that I am the shooter.”

“We mujahedeen are imperfect soldiers trying to form a perfect religion. I apologize for any mistakes I made in this endeavor,” the unrepentant Hasan said.

Staff Sgt. Alonso Lunsford, one of the victims who was shot seven times, faced his attacker in court Tuesday. Hasan chose not to cross examine him.

“We were all in a state of shock. It was a state of panic,” Lunsford said of the moment Hasan entered the fort’s Soldier Readiness Processing Center, a busy building where unarmed soldiers were getting ready for upcoming deployments to Afghanistan, shouting “Allahu akbar,” Arabic for “God is great,” and opening fire.

The next witness was a nurse who made the 911 call begging for help. A dying soldier’s moans could be heard on the tape.

This show trial will cost taxpayers at least $5 million dollars.

The act of terror by Hasan, who was in contact with now-deceased terrorist Anwar al-Awalaki, was declared an incident of workplace violence though it was obviously a terrorist attack.

Congress tried to right the wrong and pass legislation that pronounced it an act of terror.

The defense department vehemently opposed any such legislation. The victims are and were not eligible for the purple heart as a result.

Defense said they were concerned that the terrorist, Major Nadal Hassan, would not get a fair trial if his crime was upgraded from workplace violence to terrorism. DOD made legislation to correct the wrong impossible.

Video of a Fox News report about the treatment of the Ft. Hood victims:

A heroine of the the Ft. Hood massacre, Sgt. Kimberly Munley, said that the Ft. Hood victims have been “betrayed” by the administration. None of the promises to take care of them have been fulfilled, she said.

In fact, quite the opposite has occurred.

Sgt. Munley appeared with Mrs. Obama during the 2010 SOTU. She was only a prop.

The Ft. Hood attack was labeled workplace violence because Barack Obama wanted to pretend we were no longer under threat by al Qaeda.

Since it is a case of ‘workplace violence,’ the victims are not eligible for full benefits or any medals they earned. Some are even paying for some of their own medical care for injuries sustained during the attack. They are paying while Hasan gets to collect his pay, almost $300,000 so far.

This administration has almost been disdainful towards the Ft. Hood victims.

Remember the shout-out from President Obama before he issued a statement about the Ft. Hood massacre:

Last October, Pentagon press secretary George Little had no problem lying about the situation and Leon Panetta disingenuously said that the broader term is ‘workplace violence’ not ‘Islamic terrorism’:

via WBTV

…Pentagon press secretary George Little lied when he said that the Department of Defense “will not, at this time, further characterize” the shooting because it is committed to the integrity of the ongoing court-martial proceedings against Hasan. There are concerns that formally changing the designation could affect the legal proceedings. [The victims could be recognized and Hassan could be tried by a military tribunal]

Little said survivors of the shooting are “eligible for the same medical benefits as any service member.” [This is completely untrue]

Staff Sgt. Shawn Manning, who was shot six times that day, said his injuries prevented him from continuing to serve. But he won’t receive the same benefits as those severely wounded on the battlefield because an Army medical evaluation board didn’t deem his injuries to be combat-related, he said.

An October 2011 letter on behalf of Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was sent to U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, saying “the department is dealing with the threat of violent Islamist extremism in the context of a broader threat of workplace violence.” [This is absurd. The broader threat is Islamic extremism]

But the National Counterterrorism Center’s 2009 Report on Terrorism called the Fort Hood shooting a “high fatality terrorist attack.” The shooting also was mentioned in the State Department’s “Country Reports on Terrorism 2009.”…

 Newsmax video, the victims speak:

via Newsmax

Read about Autumn Manning, wife of Ft. Hood victim, Shawn Manning here.

We can thank Bill Clinton for the ridiculous requirement that forces military to go unarmed on a military base in the first place.

Share