Former president Jimmy Carter decided to give an alleged Muslim Brotherhood front organization legitimacy by being the first president to address their annual conference.
In his keynote speech this weekend, he told attendees to mobilize against violence targeting women and spoke passionately about abuses to women. If only he had stopped there.
“Men and women are created equally from one soul,” Carter said. “If you were taught by your parents or you believe you’re superior to your wife just because you’re a man, Allah says your wrong.”
He didn’t forget to address the Israel-Palestine peace initiative.
As usual, he sided with Palestinians over Jews.
“You can’t bring peace to the Middle East without justice and human rights for the Palestinians,” Carter told a packed hall at Cobo Center. “When my prayers are answered and we have peace in that Holy Land then the Israelis and all their neighbors will be blessed to live in peace and prosperity.”
He wants a two-state solution which will undoubtedly lead to Israel’s demise if Gaza is any indication.
He said the Carter Center meets with parties that the U.S. Government or the U.N. won’t negotiate with. He said the goal has always been for Israel to withdraw from all occupied territories.
A one state solution “would be a very serious catastrophe,” he said.
At an earlier luncheon on Saturday, he said this: “We are all Americans in a system that allows basic human rights: peace, justice and the ability to treat each other as equals,” Carter told a crowd of about 1,000. “I hope all of you will use the principals of Allah to bring peace and justice to all.”
The principals of Allah are alarming to some of us watching the events in the Middle East with little pushback or condemnation by the moderate Muslims.
After attacking the U.S. response to 9/11 – he would have preferred no response – he said, “We need to close Guantanamo and restore America to its previous status of respecting everyone,” he said.
Even al Qaeda?
The conference was held by The Islamic Society of North America, the largest Muslim organization in the United States. It has been accused of being a front organization for Wahhabism and has ties to Hamas and is considered by many to be an arm of The Muslim Brotherhood in the United States.
Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ) has asserted that the Islamic Society of North America is “accused of ties to Islamic extremists”, and investigative journalist Steven Emerson accused ISNA of ties to terrorism.
In testimony before the US Senate in October 2003, Professor J. Michael Waller, Annenberg Professor of International Communication, Institute of World Politics, told Senators, that “The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) refers Muslim clerics to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. The Islamic Society of North America is an influential front for the promotion of the Wahhabi political, ideological and theological infrastructure in the United States and Canada.”
Claiming that ISNA has connections to 50 to 79 percent of mosques on the North American continent, he accused the organization of “dominating Islam in North America.”
- ISNA provides ideological material to about 1,100 of an estimated 1,500 to 2,500 mosques in North America. It vets and certifies Wahhabi-trained imams and is the main official endorsing agent for Muslim chaplains in the U.S. military.
- An organ of ISNA, the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT) has physical control of most mosques in the United States. NAIT finances, owns, and otherwise subsidizes the construction of mosques and is reported to own between 50 and 79 percent of the mosques on the North American continent.
- Origin of military chaplain problem: Muslim Brotherhood penetration
- One can trace part of the military chaplain problem directly to its origin: A penetration of American political and military institutions by a member of the Muslim Brotherhood who is a key figure in Wahhabi political warfare operations against the United States.
This is what Dr. Waller and his colleagues found:
- Foreign states and movements have been financing the promotion of radical, political Islam, which we call Islamism, within America’s armed forces and prisons.
- That alien ideology, with heavy political overtones, preaches intolerance and hatred of American society, culture, government, and the principles enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.
- Adherents to that ideology directly and indirectly spawn, train, finance, supply and mobilize terrorists who would destroy our system of government and our way of life.
- They have created civil support networks for terrorists at home and abroad, providing material assistance, fundraising operations, logistics, propaganda, legal assistance in the event of arrest or imprisonment, and bringing political pressure to bear on policymakers grappling with counterterrorism issues.
- The Islamists exploited the nation’s prison chaplancies and the created the Muslim chaplain cadre in the armed forces as one of several avenues of infiltration, recruitment, training and operation.
Similarly, Stephen Schwartz described ISNA in Senate hearing testimony as one of the chief conduits through which the radical Saudi form of Islam passes through to the US.
In 2007, the Justice Department implicated ISNA in a plot to funnel more than $12 million to Hamas terrorists. According to an unsealed court document, Justice labeled ISNA an unindicted co-conspirator in the successful trial of the Holy Land Foundation, which acted as Hamas’ fundraising arm in America. Much of Holy Land’s leadership is now behind bars.
The former president recently said that Hamas should be recognized as a legitimate political group, though the U.S. has designated it as a terrorist organization.
Jimmy Carter, friend to terror-linked organizations.
That’s our Jimmy!