Canadian comedian and actor Norm MacDonald is in some hot water after a comment he made about #MeToo. His Tonight Show appearance with Jimmy Fallon was canceled and Fallon announced he would no longer host him on the network [the same network that hid Harvey Weinstein’s egregious behavior].
Snwoflake Fallon explained to Macdonald that his producers were crying over his comments!
Seriously, crying? How do these people survive?
— Geoff Edgers (@geoffedgers) September 12, 2018
THIS IS WHAT CAUSED THE SNOWFLAKES TO CRY
His sin was to tell The Hollywood Reporter he was glad the #MeToo movement was slowing down. He also praised two friends of his, Louis C.K. and Roseanne Barr. Roseanne had been crying endlessly — she lost everything in a day and Macdonald convinced C.K. to give her a call although she had been hard on him in the past.
Macdonald wasn’t excusing bad behavior, he was simply pointing out facts.
Macdonald lamented the fact that the #MeToo movement made it impossible for the target to recover. The ‘guilty’ party can’t apologize, make restitution, can’t do a thing. He added that it’s more likely people won’t admit guilt as a result.
He still has his Netflix show, but who knows what will happen. He expressed thoughts that were not in line with the groupthink and that’s a career killer.
Macdonald was compassionate and that’s not acceptable.
KATHY GRIFFIN ADDED HER TWO CENTS OF HATE
Macdonald is the bane of Kathy Griffin’s existence in her mind. She doesn’t understand why MacDonald has a show and not her.
I can’t get a Netflix special because I once had the audacity to share that a Netflix executive told me that because they had Chelsea Handler, they didn’t need other women…
Meanwhile, Norm Macdonald has a Netflix talk show….
Double Standard? I think so… https://t.co/wNlKik14j0
— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) September 11, 2018
She then dissed Norm MacDonald twice over his #MeToo opinion. People responding said the reason she doesn’t have a show is because she’s just not funny.
THE RESPONSES OVERALL SAY GRIFFIN’S PROBLEM IS SHE’S JUST NOT FUNNY
These are a few of the near-unanimous responses declaring her unfunny.
- Let me bring you up to speed: you are impressively unfunny and Norm MacDonald is hilarious. It is my hope that by now knowing this information, you’ll have an easier time understanding why he has a show and you don’t. God Bless
- Can i like this twice? [@LeonLush replied]
- So true
- Damn that is blunt… I like that
- I’m not sure who Norm Mcdonald is. But I don’t find you very funny KG.
- No need to say anything else…Leon stated it perfectly.
@LeonLush is 100% correct
- ISIS wannabe beheaders are NOT funny. Norm, he is funny.
- Since you’re being serious, I’d say pretty much every interview or show I’ve ever seen, he’s made me laugh. Can’t say the same for her. Re my OP, I wouldn’t even call myself a HUGE fan of his. I just think he’s funnier, and that’s why he got a special. Pretty simple, really.
- You can’t get a Netflix special because you are a no-talent hack.
- Then again you did take a picture of yourself with the president’s bloody, severed head….-doesn’t really send me running to my Netflix app.
DAVID BURGE WEIGHED IN
Twitter encounters a Norm MacDonald joke pic.twitter.com/AwwCoicRTR
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) September 12, 2018