Listen to Roy Moore Tell Hannity, “It Never Happened”

3
Share

Sean Hannity was lambasted by the media Friday over how he handled a discussion of the Roy Moore allegations.

Sean Hannity appeared to say on his radio show that he believed Senate candidate Roy Moore’s alleged sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old girl was “consensual.” Hannity tweeted, “I apologize when I misspoke and was not totally clear earlier today” before blaming the “lazy media” for taking his words out of context.

On his Fox show, Hannity said that when he used the word “consensual” during a conversation about Moore on his radio show, he was talking about the 17- and 18-year-old girls, not the one who was 14. He went on to say that he doesn’t “rush to judgement,” unlike his “bratty friends in the media that are overpaid and lazy like fake Jake Tapper,” who called Hannity out on Twitter earlier in the night by saying 14-year-olds cannot legally consent.

Jake Tapper deleted his critical tweets because he said he would take Sean Hannity “at his word” that he was not defending illegal behavior by Moore.

Hannity misspoke in one sentence. He was talking about the 18-year old. I know what he meant. To me, it was obvious he meant girls 17 or 18.

The accusation by the 14-year old in 1979 is particularly repugnant but Judge Moore has aggressively denied the allegations. However, the attacks against Moore over the last several months have been especially vile prior to this.

The Republican Senate Committee has cut off the funding to Moore’s campaign. They never wanted him. They see him as rigidly conservative. Mitch McConnell spent tens of millions of dollars to get his candidate, Luther Strange, nominated during the Primary.

Judge Moore, the Alabama Republican candidate for the Senate is up for election next month on December 12th. His opponent is a Progressive.

If Moore is telling the truth, this is a terrible attack. If the women are telling the truth, Moore has got to go.

How does he argue or defend against a claim of 38 years ago?

Alabama State Senator Ed Henry said these women should be prosecuted for making claims like this after nearly 40 years.

“If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years,” Henry told The Cullman Times in a Friday report. “I think someone should prosecute and go after them. You can’t be a victim 40 years later, in my opinion.”

Prosecutors can’t go after these girls for these statements though some might feel he has a point.

Share

3 COMMENTS

  1. Much has been said of the age difference. Nothing was said when Andy Griffith was married to someone 30+ years younger.

    My own parents was a 17yr difference, my dad at 35 and mother at 18. They had a close relationship all those years and I found out how close after her passing upon reading the letters between the two. In all the years growing up I never heard an argument between the two.

    The accuser apparently has her own issues and in the same category as this. She has accused several others in the past.

    • My grandfather married his wife when she was 17 and he was 35. They got along fine. My friend’s wife is 22 years younger. I agree that 17, 18 is very different from 14.

  2. It’s truly disgusting how all the Republicans are running for the cellars. One would think someone as Mike Lee would at LEAST wait until hearing from the victim. The Washington Post admitted long ago they would indulge in whatever it took to take down Conservatives. The context of the article was highly misleading by giving the impression all the girls were underage and all were sexually assaulted. Everyone had been reporting it in THAT WAY. Why should ANYONE believe these “news” outlets when they have shown to print false stories.

Leave a Reply to Greg Cancel reply