Marilyn Mosby who maliciously prosecuted six police officers without evidence has dropped charges against three remaining officers after two were exonerated at a bench trial with a black judge–a hero–and a third officer’s trial ended in a mistrial.
She claimed that the way the system is set up, she can’t address systemic issues but she claimed she was ready to go and her office has an “appetite” to move ahead with these cases. She must be stopped. Her plan and her politics will keep the Baltimore police from doing their job.The Baltimore Sun reported that a 2015 was the deadliest in their history with 344 homicides.
Officer William Porter’s trial ended with a hung jury and a mistrial in December, before Judge Williams acquitted Officers Edward Nero and Caesar Goodson and Lt. Brian Rice at bench trials in May, June, and July, respectively.
In a hearing Wednesday meant to start the trial of Officer Garrett Miller, Chief Deputy State’s Attorney Michael Schatzow told Williams that the state was dropping all charges against Miller, Porter and Sgt. Alicia White.
Mosby blamed the “way the system is set up” despite the fact that she overcharged, hid evidence from the defense, and did not have adequate evidence. Watch the video on this link.
It’s the system’s fault, not hers.
She needs to stop talking for her own sake and she better make sure her insurances is paid up.
She plays the martyr in the second half of this video.
Mosby faces a lawsuit from two officers for defamation of character and she is facing disbarment proceedings. The law professor who brought up the charges of disbarment has a record of involvement in high profile cases against overzealous prosecutors. Most notably, he played a role in the disbarment and civil litigation against Duke lacrosse prosecutor Mike Nifong.
When Circuit Judge Barry Williams cleared police officer Edward Nero of all charges related to the Gray case, he said in his ruling, “There are no credible facts to show that he was involved in the touching of Mr. Gray.”
NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton called the 36-year-old prosecutor “inexperienced.”
“The district attorney down there was playing to the crowd,” Bratton told WNYC‘s Brian Lehrer. “She was inexperienced, she overcharged. In her rush to judgment, I think she had a totally inadequate investigation.”
The New York Times reports Hal Riedl, an investigator under the former state’s attorney, was especially harsh following the Nero verdict.
“I’d say it’s a new low in her career,” he said.
Lt. Gene Ryan, president of the Baltimore City Fraternal Order of Police, expressed similar thoughts, charging Mosby with capitalizing on a political window.
“The State Attorney’s office responded to the riots and violence in Baltimore by rushing to charge these Officers rashly and without any meaningful investigation,” he said in a statement. “They seized a political opportunity and in the process destroyed 6 lives and demolished the relationship between the Baltimore Police department and their own office.”
She now has the gall to blame the system for her failings.
Here are some comments on the article the left-wing Baltimore Sun article published about Mosby dropping charges. The negative comments were running about 10 to 1 against her.
- How unprofessional. Petulant juvenile ….
- that wicked witch mosby is a blm activist and hates the police!!! to the police, make sure you vote her sorry as out of office during next election.
- Hahahahaha the wicked witch lost!!!!!
- Mosby charged these police to stop the city from burning… she said so herself. Is that a reason to charge ANYONE?
- Unlike most people police cannot work while waiting for trial.
- Is charging someone without any proof justified?
- Mosby was hoping for 12 jurors for Freddie, it was the reason she fought so hard to keep the trials in Baltimore.
- Hey Baltimore – see how Marilyn puts your tax dollars to work? Sensing her job is in jeopardy, she tries to ****** victory from the jaws of defeat by putting herself out there to run for some other elected office on an identity politics platform.
- Disbar her, sue her into poverty, then imprison her for racially-biased malicious prosecution.
- Get the Civil Rights division of the Trump Justice Dept. on it next year.
- Maybe we need some qualifications to be States Attorney- like experience?
Mosby justice is social justice where only the outcome matters and this is what this administration wants us to accept despite the illogical premise.
As Sheriff Clarke said, the Democrats are embracing criminality.