If you have any doubts as to where the left is going with gun control, take a look at the gun ban list that was first proposed in NY and addressed by Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin in the video:
1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
2. Confiscation [of] ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be [revealed] to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
NRA President David Keene was ridiculed for saying door-to-door confiscation is a “legitimate fear.” He was called a fear-mongerer.
President Obama also criticized opponents without naming names and said gun advocates were trying to “gin up” fear for monetary gain or fame.
One of the ways in which the left disarms their opponents, figuratively speaking, is to call anyone who opposes them degrading names. Everything is described in extremes. If you don’t agree, you are a racist or a homophobe or a NAZI. They want to make opposing them as painful as possible to shut you down!