Will this be finally be enough for the American people? This is a national disgrace and unacceptable on every level imaginable.
Our Apologizer-in-Chief, Barack Hussein Obama, has empowered the corrupt Afghan government to use the accidental burning of the Qurans as an excuse to now put the perpetrators, presumably U.S. military, on trial. Under Shariah Law, an insult warrants serious criminal prosecution and an insult is anything they say is an insult.
The following comes from the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Government Media –
After talking about the SHAMEFUL act of burning the Korans [an accidental burning!], they proclaim how deeply touched they are by the religious sentiments shown by the Afghan Muslim and Mujahid nation [They are touched by the violent, insane attacks which resulted in two soldiers’ deaths??].
As if that is not enough, they claim that the “NATO officials promised to meet the Afghan nation’s demand of bringing to justice, through an open trial, those responsible for the incident and it was agreed that the perpetrators of the crime be brought to justice as soon as possible.”
They also praised their army, the same army that killed our soldiers.
THE FULL TEXT:
Following the insulting and shameful act of burning Quran in Bagram airbase that injured the religious sentiments of the Islamic world and particularly of the Afghan Muslim nation, two delegations comprising of representatives from government, the National Council of Ulemma and the National Assembly were assigned and dispatched to investigate the circumstances and causes that have led to the inhumane incident.
The delegations, while deeply touched by the religious sentiments shown by the Afghan Muslim and Mujahid nation, inform our citizens of the following:
1. In view of the particular security situation in the country, we call on all our Muslim citizens of Afghanistan to exercise self-restraint and extra vigilance in dealing with the issue and avoid resorting to protests and demonstrations that may provide ground for the enemy to take advantage of the situation.
2. After the shameful incident by the US soldiers stationed in Bagram, senior NATO and American officials expressed their deep apologies to the Muslim nation of Afghanistan and assured that such incidents will not happen again.
3. NATO officials promised to meet Afghan nation’s demand of bringing to justice, through an open trial, those responsible for the incident and it was agreed that the perpetrators of the crime be brought to justice as soon as possible.
4. The assigned delegations demand from the government of Afghanistan to take over from the Americans the authority of the Bagram prison so no such incidents can recur and calls on the US government to fully and comprehensively cooperate to this end.
5. The delegations also want from the Afghan government to formally praise those brave Afghan army soldiers and all others who showed feelings against the disrespectful act by preventing more religious books and Quran copies from burning, so that the pure Muslim sentiments of our honored Mujahid nation can remain alive…Read here: GMIC
Iran has stated that burning the White House would not be enough to make up for the burning Qurans and that the people responsible should be hung-
“The US has committed such an ugly act and burned Korans because of the heavy slap it has been given by Islam,” Basij (volunteer forces) Commander Brig.-Gen. Muhammad Reza Naqdi told Iran’s semi- official Fars new agency, according to the Al Arabiya report. “Their apology can be accepted only by hanging their commanders; hanging their commanders means an apology,” he was quoted as saying. Read more: JPost