I’ve avoided this topic, but since it seems so important, here’s my one comment on the matter.
I could care less what Bruce/Caitlyn chooses to call him or her self, what he/she did or didn’t do to their body, or any personal details whatsoever. I don’t regard it as a matter of courage, and could care less about the emotions involved or the motivation.
What does bother me is how much oxygen in the room this is taking up, and how quickly it’s become a major media story, eclipsing real issues like the Clinton’s criminally corrupt Foundation scandal, Obama’s secret trade bill, what’s really going on with the president’s executive amnesty for illegal aliens,the continuing attempts to encroach on our liberties and similar stories.
Jenner is estimated to make as much as $500 million from reality TV, book deals, interviews and the usual nonsense. It bothers me that as a nation, this is that important.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- Don Surber – High school cruises to Cuba?
- The Noisy Room – The Fat Lady Hums A Few Notes
- The Razor – Grow Up Europe
- Joshuapundit–The Supreme Court Votes For Apartheid And Disgraces Itself
- The Right Planet – The Trans-Pacific Partnership and the March Toward ‘Global Governance’ — #StopFastTrack
- The Independent Sentinel – Pool Owners Are Racists! So Are Those People Who Live In Gated Communities!
- Rhymes With Right – NY Times Breaks Major Rubio Scandal Story
- The Glittering Eye –Patching the Holes in Uncle Sam’s Security
- Nice Deb – Mob of Unruly Black Teens Crash Private, End-of-School Pool Party, Harassing and Assaulting Party-Goers
- VA Right! – Bill Janis (VA-12) Voting Record: Yes for In State Tuition for Illegals and Yes to Expanded Gun Free Zones
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Divine Eagle
- Bookworm Room – Another splendid evening commemorating the battle of Midway.
- Ask Marion – D-Day… Remembering
This week, Doug Ross, Michael Haltman and Seraphic Secret earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
- Doug Ross – DEVIL’S PACT: Treasonous ObamaTrade Bill Sets Stage for Global Governance, Which is Why You Can’t Read I
- Michael Haltman – It’s A Global Bond Market Rout!
- Seraphic Secret – Friday Photos: The Image is the Message
- The Other McCain – ‘Mattress Girl’ Emma Sulkowicz Releases Crappy Porn Video With French Title submitted by Don Surber
- Sultan Knish –The Incredible Entitlement of the Welfare Lobby submitted by The Noisy Room
- Gavin McInnes/Taki’s Mag –Trans Fixed submitted by The Razor
- Rabbi Shalom Lewis – Ehr Kumt (He Is Coming) submitted by Joshuapundit
- Victor Davis Hanson – Junk Journalism submitted by The Right Planet
- Sultan Knish –Born Again Jew submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Popehat –Department Of Justice Uses Grand Jury Subpoena To Identify Anonymous Commenters on a Silk Road Post at Reason.com — submitted by Rhymes With Right
- State Star Codex – Against Tulip Subsidies submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Ace of Spades HQ –NYT Reveals that Marco Rubio Once Spent $80,000 on a “Luxury Speedboat” submitted by Nice Deb
- Breitbart – More Republican Opposition To Obamatrade Builds In House, Boehner Losing Momentum submitted by VA Right!
- Ronald Tiersky/ Real Clear World – ISIS Could Win; Here’s What That Means submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Mark Steyn– Birth Of The Newsubmitted by Bookworm Room
- FrontPage Mag/Daniel Greenfield –Directive 11: Obama’s Secret Islamist Plansubmitted by Ask Marion
- Gates Of Vienna – Pamela Geller, Asma bint Marwan, and America submitted by The Watcher
- Ted Lapkin/Times Of Israel – Breaking the silence isn’t golden submitted by The Watcher