The liberal Austin school board is looking to change the name of its elementary school so the little snowflakes won’t melt. They want one that will more accurately reflect their values and asked for suggestions.
— FOX 7 Austin (@fox7austin) April 15, 2016
General Robert E. Lee was opposed to slavery, did not own slaves, and didn’t fight to preserve slavery. He fought for his country. That just had to be said. Not everyone was fighting for slavery per se.
The full list of nominations is 15 pages long.
Top 10 renaming recommendations and lesser picks are listed below and you can pick out the sarcastic/anti-PC and dark humor right away, such as Donald J. Trump, Adolf Hitler School for Friendship and Tolerance, Bleeding Heart Liberal Elementary, Hypothetical Perfect Person Memorial, and of course, Boaty McBoatface.
Which one would you pick. Is this childish or do they make a point?
- Donald J. Trump Elementary: 45 nominations
- Robert E. Lee Elementary: 34 nominations
- Russell Lee Elementary: 32 nominations, he photographed different cultures for the government
- Harper Lee Elementary: 30 nominations
- Elisabet Ney Elementary: 15 nominations, German-born sculptor
- Lee Elementary: 13 nominations
- Adolf Hitler School for Friendship and Tolerance: 8 nominations
- Waller Creek Elementary: 8 nominations, add conservancy to that
- Dr. Frances J. Nesmith Elementary School: 7 nominations, Social Studies teacher
- Guy Bizzell Elementary: 6 nominations, English teacher
Others meant to disturb the perfectly plumed PC feathers of the administration were:
Adam Lanza’s School of Fun, Bee Movie, Bleeding Heart Liberal Elementary, Boaty McBoatface Elementary School [this has a history, explained below], Forgetting the Past Dooms You to Repeat It Elementary, Garfunkel, Hypothetical Perfect Person Memorial Elementary School [a personal favorite], John Cena Elementary [WWE] and Schooly McSchoolerson.
It’s doubtful the PC administration will get the message. Some are sending the message to cut it out.
Boaty McBoatface has a story behind it.
More than 120,000 people voted to rename a $375 million British polar research ship “Boaty McBoatface” earlier this year.
The name was meant to be hilarious and irreverent and pretty much described its appearance. Some thought it a childish joke. The name was rejected but inspired the naming of a racehorse, “Horsey McHorseface” and a giant Japanese spider crab christened “Cuddlebug McNope”. A British train route from Portsmouth to Waterloo was named “Trainy McTrainface”and the commuters love it by all accounts.
PC Dallas wants all the confederates off their schools as well. I’m sure that erasing history would make Joseph Stalin proud were he alive today.
This entire movement began after the horrific killings in Charleston. They are taking people out of their time and injecting them into the murder by a maniac today.