An ex-aide for Ron Paul describes Paul’s foreign policy ideas as sheer lunacy. Paul dismisses the aide’s comments as coming from a disgruntled employee who was fired for performance issues, but the aide, Eric Dondero, worked with him for 16 years. What? It took them 16 years to notice his performance was poor?
Here are Donero’s comments about Paul-
– Ron Paul is not anti-semitic but he wishes there was no Israel
– He’s not a homophobe but wouldn’t use the bathroom in a gay supporter’s house and he wouldn’t shake hands with another.
– Paul is an isolationist. He strenuously does not believe the United States had any business getting involved in fighting Hitler in WWII. He expressed to me countless times, that “saving the Jews,” was absolutely none of our business. When pressed, he often times brings up conspiracy theories like FDR knew about the attacks of Pearl Harbor weeks before hand, or that WWII was just “blowback,” for Woodrow Wilson’s foreign policy errors, and such.
– He is a 9/11 truther.
– He expressed no sympathies whatsoever for those who died on 9/11, and pretty much forbade us staffers from engaging in any sort of memorial expressions, or openly asserting pro-military statements in support of the Bush administration.
– He almost voted against the War in Afghanistan