Have We Seen Hannity’s Last Show Because He Pursued the Seth Rich Case?

2

As we move on to Memorial Day, let’s remember those who came before and fought the true fascists to preserve our freedoms and way of life. Let’s also remember the budding fascists who want to silence free speech, exemplified by the Sean Hannity controversy.

The Atlantic, a Moonbat commentary magazine, foretells the imminent death of the Sean Hannity Show on Fox News in a new article titled, Hannity Loses Advertisers Over Seth Rich Conspiracy. The reason is because of a so-called “false murder conspiracy surrounding the unsolved murder of Seth Rich”.

The left has decided it is a conspiracy, therefore, it is, but the Russia-Trump collusion case with no evidence despite nearly a year of fishing around by every intelligence agency is not a conspiracy. They have all those anonymous sources with knowledge of the situation illegally leaking classified information.

The Atlantic sees advertisers fleeing, but in fact, Hannity has only lost seven. The mag rag thinks it’s a conspiracy to say the fleeing is because the left is prompting it.

Yet, Hannity advertisers are being deluged by hundreds of leftists calling and emailing them daily. And, mind you, these are people who wouldn’t watch Fox News with a gun to their heads.

If it wasn’t the Seth Rich case, it would be some other excuse to call advertisers to get Hannity fired. The left recently tried to get him bad publicity with the sexual harassment allegation by a right-wing loon who later recanted. That fell flat so they’ve moved on to Seth Rich.

In addition to advertisers pulling out, Fox retracted the Seth Rich story under threat of lawsuits and Hannity announced he was abandoning the Rich case for now.

Hannity’s show generated around $56 million in ads in 2015 and more than $65 million in 2016 which is keeping him, at least for now, in Fox’s good graces.

Hannity went on his usual long Memorial weekend vacation and the rumors are flying that he won’t be back, but Hannity says he will be. The talk of him not returning is because that is what happened to a very shocked Bill O’Reilly when he lost 65 advertisers over the same campaign. The left got rid of him in 18 days.

Companies that have pulled out of Hannity’s show are, Cars.com, Crowne Plaza Hotels, Peloton bicycles, Casper, Leesa Sleep, USAA, and Ring home security.
Cars.com was the first to comment on their decision, telling BuzzFeed News that the company had been “watching closely” prior to removing their advertisements. On Wednesday, Peloton also tweeted that it had “directed [its] media agency to stop advertising on Sean Hannity’s show.”
USAA has disappointingly been putting out condescending, passive-aggressive tweets, pleased with their decision.
Brent Bozell of Media Research Center and Newsbusters responded:

Ex-Secret Service and Fox commentator, Dan Bongino also commented:

Hannity is a very big supporter of our military.

Hannity has legitimately attributed the loss of advertisers to a liberal crusade against his reporting. “There’s nothing that I did, nothing that I said, except they don’t like my position politically,” he told The Huffington Post. “They’ll try to ratchet up the intensity of their rationale. It does not justify an attempt to get me fired. And that’s what this is. This is an attempt to take me out. This is a kill shot.”
The right is generally opposed to boycotts and other fascist means of silencing opposition, but perhaps we need to fight fire with fire. Whether you watch Hannity or not, this is about shutting down free speech on the air waves. They can’t get their way with the FCC and FEC so they’ve resorted to threats and bullying of companies that are probably sympathetic to the left anyway.
The Atlantic is skeptical about Hannity’s assertions that he is the victim of the left, but all one has to do is see how O’Reilly was destroyed by Media Matters, though his own behavior might have contributed – we don’t know. Media Matters bragged to the NY Times about spearheading the movement to get Bill fired and silenced.
Hannity might survive this but the chill put to the free speech of the right is evident and they have no supporters in the far-left Fox owners, the Murdoch boys. The right built their $30 million dollar empire and now the left will tear it down because silencing opposition is far more important.
For now, Fox is standing behind their host in a statement they just released.
“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday,” the 21st Century Fox-owned network said in a statement. “Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”
Hopefully, they understand that more and more Fox viewers have fewer and fewer reasons to turn on Fox. Hannity will be one more nail in their coffin.

2 COMMENTS

  1. I’m “conservative” and believe in boycotts. It’s just difficult keeping track of all the bad actors to avoid.

    • My husband does too but there are so many companies to avoid. We don’t have an equivalent mechanism to stir up boycotts from the right.

Comments are closed.