New York went for Obama by 80% in the last presidential election. We are the Obama state. Yea! [Irony here]
By now everyone has heard that Chuck Hagel is more concerned about Israel’s nukes than Iran’s. He does not believe the US should use force even if Israel is attacked. Check it out here. This is the person President Obama wants to head up our DOD. Fabulous!
1. There is a $1 million dollar reward being offered for Chris Dorner, the crazed spree killer out to kill LAPD police and their families. The mayor said local leaders, businesses, unions, law enforcement and community groups had pooled resources to raise the reward money.
More than 100 police are engaged in the search for Dorner, who has become a folk hero for some of the sickos in our country. Some Internet users are posting “Dorner for President.” Is this society sick or what?
Charlie Sheen made a video asking Dorner to call him so they can discuss how to “end this thing.” Sheen thanked Dorner for his kind words.
Dorner is a monster. He called the father of the girl he murdered to taunt him over his daughter’s death.
2. Nancy Pelosi on Fox News Sunday said she totally supports the right to bear arms in the First Amendment. I wonder if she supports it in the Second as well.
“We’re talking about no further sales of assault weapons,” she said. “What is the justification for an assault weapon? No further sales of those, no further sales of the increased capacity, 30 rounds in a gun. We’re re talking about background checks which is very popular, even among gun owners, and, hunters.”
“We avow the First Amendment,” she added. “We stand with that and say that people have a right to have a gun to protect themselves in their homes and their jobs, where, and that they — and the workplace and that they, for recreation and hunting and the rest. So we’re not questioning their right to do that.”
Her knowledge of the Constitution is astounding, really…astounding.
She is steadfast about wanting more taxes.
She is okay with violent video games. I wonder if she has seen “Kindergarten Killers” yet?
She also thinks the Buffett Rule is not a tax hike & raising the Medicare age won’t save any money. She is the same person who said we could put 32 million people on healthcare and save money. I heard her say it myself at the Cornell graduation.
3. In case you miss the State of the Union, ABC News has a nice recap.
Obama’s speech will focus on jobs and the economy – finally. He will also discuss education, clean energy, infrastructure, immigration, gun violence, and climate change.
He will warn Congress against the automatic spending cuts that will result from sequester, the same sequester he insisted be put into the last spending bill. He wants more “revenue,” which is code for “taxes.”
4. The Japanese have come up with a car big enough for one person. It’s environmentally friendly. Whoopee! One accident in this thing and you’re toast.
5. We are cyber-robbed every day but don’t worry, the government is here to help. Congress plans to bring back the cybersecurity bill.
6. If you haven’t heard Dr. Benjamin Carson’s inspirational speech, please check it out. He gives me hope.
7. Iran and Hezbollah are building militias inside of Syria in case Assad falls. We are doing nothing. [WaPo]
8. States are starting to cut employee hours to avoid Obamacare costs. You won’t see this report anywhere in the mainstream but on Fox News.
The LA Times reports that as Cali prepares to put millions on healthcare [many of whom are here illegally], they have discovered they don’t have enough doctors to treat them all. They are considering legislation that will allow PA’s and nurse practitioners to set up practices. Third World healthcare is coming to America. We will be Cuba as Michael Moore hoped.
9. Brigitte Gabriel appeared on Fox yesterday and said that there is unreleased information about Benghazi that will leave people “amazed and shocked.” She said, “As someone working with the intelligence community, I knew that information and more information is going to come out regarding the Benghazi attack that will really leave people amazed and chocked how we have been…on how we are defending the country.”
Go to 04:10:
7. The AP tells us that President Obama is marching us FORWARD in his second term, fast FORWARD. His 6,000+ regulations will “affect the cost and quality of health plans, the contents of the school cafeteria, the front lines of future combat, the price of coal. They are the leading edge of Obama’s ambition to take on climate change in ways that may be unachievable in legislation.” He’s after smokers too, but, no problem, there’s always pot which now includes a whole lot more tar than it used to. [Washington Examiner via AP]
8. China has surpassed us as the biggest trading nation and we owe these commies $1.2 trillion but, as Nancy Pelosi said on Fox News Sunday today, “We don’t have a spending problem.”
9. France has a serial rapist but it is one of two twins and the DNA won’t help in this case. They had to arrest both twins.
10. Townhall has a story about Aron Swartz who downloaded some old academic journals without permission and faced 35 years in prison. After he was offered a plea deal to include a felony charge, an outrageous fine and six months in jail, Aron hung himself. The author of the Townhall story, Kurt Schlichter, reminds us that these ridiculous federal crimes, which are being added every day puts all of us at risk.