The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
Even taking into consideration the normal high level of quality in both the Council and Non-Council entries, this was a tough call with some exceptional pieces to choose from, and the close vote tallies reflects it.
This week’s winner,The Noisy Room’s Iran and the New Axis of Evil looks at the alliance betweenIran and Russia and the danger it poses for America.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Doug Ross@Journal – Dear beautiful America, please, stop moving Forward (Guest Post by Aleksey) submitted by Rhymes with Right. It’s a moving plea from someone who has already seen where we’re headed if we don’t change course and begs us to do so for our freedom’s sake.
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes!–The Noisy Room – Iran and the New Axis of Evil
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes –Joshuapundit–Obama And Hollande – Scenes From The Class Struggle
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room – I’ve finally figured out why I dislike the gay rights’ movement — and it has nothing to do with my support for gay civil rights
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes –Rhymes With Right – Since Folks Are Asking Me About It
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –Ask Marion – Shirley Temple – The Biggest Little Star Has Died
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –The Independent Sentinel –Government’s Land Grab on Behalf of the Defunct Dusky Gopher Frog Continues On
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –The Right Planet – My Meeting with Trevor Loudon
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Glittering Eye–Degree, Kind, and Appointing Ambassadors
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –VA Right! – Inept Judge Confuses Constitution, Declaration of Independence in Striking VA’s Marriage Amendment
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Razor – The Dollars and Sense of College Education
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Liberty’s Spirit – Signing Statements a Violation of the US Constitution
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote –Nice Deb – Video: Nancy Pelosi: ‘We did not treat President Bush This Way’(No, They Treated Him Much Worse)
- First place with 3 votes! –Doug Ross@Journal – Dear beautiful America, please, stop moving Forward (Guest Post by Aleksey) submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes –Sipsey Street Irregulars – An Open Letter to the Men and Women of the Connecticut State Police: You are NOT the enemy (UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO BE.) submitted by Joshuapundit
- Third place with 1 2/3 votes –Mark Steyn –The Two-Party One-Party State submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –The Matt Walsh Blog -Lying, coercing, manipulating, defrauding, and scheming – for marriage equality!submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes– Ruben Navarrette/CNN –Clarence Thomas is right about race submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote–American Thinker – Barack Hussein Soebarkah? submitted by The Right Planet
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote–Caroline Glick – Why Turkey Is Gone For Good submitted by Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 votes–German Marshall Fund – Al Qaeda’s Possible Collapse in Syria submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Sixth place *t* with 2/3 votes–Todd Zywicki/The Volokh Conspiracy – Dionne v. Hayek submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –The New Criterion – Debate Clubsubmitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Sohab Amari/WSJ – The Shame Of Princeton submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Alana Goodman/Washington Free Beacon –Restricted Access submitted by Ask Marion