Trumka Wants More Union Bailouts or Else

0
Share

 

Trumka warned the Republicans to vote for Obama’s jobs bill on MSLSD’s Rachel Maddow show. He didn’t warn the Democrats for some reason, even though Durbin said he doesn’t have the votes to pass it in the Senate.

The jobs bill has $81 Billion in tax cuts, much of which comes from the nearly-bankrupt Social Security (who’s protecting Social Security?), and $1.4 trillion in tax increases, and during a severe recession to boot. The jobs plan gives money for jobs (union jobs mostly) that’s true, but for one year, and, after that, what then? The jobs bill is a rehash of the failed Stimulus, and it will cost $457 billion of borrowed money, to add to our deficit.

They are bailouts for union jobs, and have little in the way of sustainable job creation.

Trumka doesn’t care. He wants in on the action. His many bailouts weren’t enough, they will never be enough.

He warned the Republicans on the Rachel Maddow show, “Look, enough of this nonsense. Help us get people back to work. Help us with infrastructure. Help us resurrect manufacturing. Give us some aid to state and local governments so they don’t continue to lay off people. Help us put people back to work or you do so at your own peril. And I think it’s going to have a tremendous effect. You see what’s happening on Wall Street right now, on thousands and millions probably of people agree with what the message is. That this economy is working for 99 — for 1% of the people and the rest of us, the other 99% are getting left behind in this economy. So those that support the 1%, I think are going to have a tough time next year explaining to the American public why they didn’t step up to the plate and create jobs,”

Trumka is echoing the Obama message resounding through Wall Street – let’s have a class war and get Obama re-elected.

Share