The Obama Regime’s State Department in action, courtesy of spokeshole Marie Harf:
When even Chris Matthews gets it (sort of), we’re in real trouble.
The Obama regime can’t even create decent jobs here in America, let alone Iraq. Do these people seriously think we’re going to be able to buy off Islamic State?
Then there’s the president’s new ‘war’ request,which ought to be voted down, at least at this time. The video above tells us why the sort of mindset that prevails in the White House shouldn’t be trusted to manage a successful war.
First, the AUMF Matthews refers to isn’t really a declaration of war, just another half-assed ‘authorization’, and we’ve certainly been there before.
Second, IS is not anywhere near the imminent threat Iran is, and taking IS out simply delivers Iraq to Iran as part of their goal… a Shi’ite, Iran-ruled nuclear armed bloc controlling both sides of the Persian Gulf and stretching to the Mediterranean. Taking out IS simply removes one more obstacle to Iran, the same way our taking out Saddam Hussein did. Let’s deal with Iran first..which of course will never happen with this president.
And finally, based on this president’s record as commander-in-chief, do we really want him in charge of creating yet another stupid blunder? Do we want our troops fighting another war and dying because they’re handcuffed by his ridiculous rules of engagement? Just today, he insulted the Egyptians and criticized them for bombing targets in Libya after IS killed a number of Egyptian Copts there..whom the Obama Administration in their statement pointedly did not refer to as Christians.
Our president would be challenged running a McDonald’s successfully,let alone a war. A loose AUMF that gives him the leeway to play amateur strategist in between golf games is not the answer.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Noisy Room – ISIS Parades 17 Kurdish Fighters in Cages to be Burned Alive Like Jordanian Pilot
- Simply Jews – Then we’ll kill us some Jews too…
- Bookworm Room – Getting Obama On Board With Israelis: They’re not imperialists; they’re just undocumented immigrants!
- The Right Planet – More Hipster Harf: ‘We Can’t Stop ISIS by Killing Them; We Need to Give Them Jobs’
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – New AUMF
- VA Right! – Will Hanover Schools Teach ‘Both Sides’ of the Pilot ISIS Burned Alive?
- The Razor – Fifty Shades Of Pathetic
- Nice Deb – Supporters of Violent Extremism To Participate In WH Summit on Countering Violent Extremism (Video)
- The Independent Sentinel – Stunning: Barack Obama Refused to Share Intel With Egypt and Jordan
- Rhymes With Right – Chris Hayes Gets One Right On Similarity Of Muslim Murders To Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown Killings
- The Glittering Eye –Intervene in Haste, Repent at Leisure
- Ask Marion – Palimania And Why She Can Win
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Obama’s Concessions to Iran Alienating Allies
- The People’s Cube – Isn’t it time you upgraded your Race Card to a Gay Card?
- The Political Commentator – I am running out of (printable) words to describe Barack Obama!
- Caroline Glick –Obama: Mainstreaming Jew-Hatred in America submitted by The Noisy Room
- Tom Gross – What Bat Mitzvah? Nothing Random Here submitted by Simply Jews
- Graeme Wood/The Atlantic–What ISIS Really Wants submitted by Bookworm Room
- Judicial Watch – Border Patrol Ordered to Release Drunk Drivers, “Allow Them to Go On Their Way” submitted by The Right Planet
- Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad/The National Interest – Navigating a Turbulent Middle East submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Breitbart – CNN Lists Attacks by Islamists, Says ‘Religion’ Had Bad Week submitted by VA Right!
- Megan McArdle/Bloomberg –A Few More Arguments Against Obamacare submitted by The Razor
- FrontpageMag –Obama White House Partners with ISIS-Linked Group submitted by Nice Deb
- David Greenfield/FrontPage Mag –Heroes of Freedom Died in Copenhagen submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – U Cal Student Gov’t votes to divest from most of world, including U.S.submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Charles Cameron/Zenpundit – Joas Wagemakers on al-Maqdisi & the Jordanian pilot negotiations submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Gary P. Jackson/A Time For Choosing – “Irrelevant” Sarah Palin Steals the Headlines at SNL’s 40th Anniversary Bashsubmitted by Ask Marion
- The Other McCain – Tea Party & GOP Elite Walk Into A Bar. . . submitted by The Watcher
Andrew McCarthy/NRO – Folks Do the Randomest Things submitted by The Watcher