Yes , it’s April Fool’s Day all right. Especially when it comes to discussing all those ‘ObamaCare enrollments’ while not revealing how many people actually boughtinsurance, figuring in the between 5 and 6 million people who lost insurance, or how many of those who enrolled are medicaid clients applying for free stuff, hmm? And to make this speech on April Fool’s Day! Who knew the president had such a great sense of humor? Why, when it comes to this healthcare riff, he’s almost as funny as Fidel Castro, and that’s saying something!
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
- Liberty’s Spirit has a brand new post up st the Times of Israel, Bullying and PTSD: Not just for those on the Autism Spectrum
- Nice Deb recounts Ebony Magazine’s response to a racist tweet by a senior editor in her piece up on Breitbart, EBONY Apologizes to Raffi Williams and the Black Republican community
- Joshuapundit has a new piece up at the Times of Israel, Abbas to Kerry “Sorry, not interested in even discussing any peace deal just now”
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, without any further ado, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – OK, Since Everyone Else is Writing About Gwyneth, So Will I (No, it’s not mean)
- Simply Jews – Peter Beinart on Russian and American neocons: an imaginary symmetry
- The Noisy Room – Leland Yee – Gun Runner, Terrorist Enabler, Progressive Communist
- Joshuapundit–Sharia Rears Its Head In Pennsylvania
- Ask Marion – Harry Reid… in a Class by Himself When It Comes to Dirty Laundry
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Jihad Civil War
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Cracked.com’s ’5 Disastrous Attempts at Political Commentary in Comicbooks’
- Rhymes With Right – Is Pratt Resignation/Withdrawal Actually About The Latest Criminal Complaint?
- Bookworm Room – The view from the trenches puts the lie to the media’s gloating about 7 million Obamacare new enrollments
- The Glittering Eye –Your Language Lesson for the Day
- The Independent Sentinel – Police State Law Enforcement Comes to Long Island
- The Razor – Neocons Revile Obama not Putin
- Nice Deb – The Horrendous Criminal Enterprise Known As The Democrat Party
- The Right Planet – IRS Scandal: Not a ‘Smidgen of Corruption,’ Huh?
- VA Right! – Eric Cantor Planning to Bankrupt Virginia’s Republican Party to Regain Control
- Right Reason – Trevor Loudon: “Our allies are freaking out!”
- Blazing Cat Fur – Wreckage of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 may never be found
- The Mellow Jihadi – Rush order for 432 vestal virgins
- The Pirate’s Cove – How Doomy Is The “New” IPCC Hotcoldwetdry Report?
- Karl Zinsmeister/WSJ – The Charter School Performance Breakoutsubmitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mick Hartley – The Destroyer Of Worlds submitted by Simply Jews
- Larry Correia/Monster Hunter Nation –Leland Yee, Super Villainsubmitted by The Noisy Room
- Matthew Continetti/Washington Free Beacon – The Grandfathersubmitted by Joshuapundit
- The New American> –Will the Coming Non-white Majority Kill Conservatism? submitted by Ask Marion
- Lucas & Mitchell, CEPA – Strengthening NATO’s Eastern Defensessubmitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- John C. Wright’s Journal – Deluge as Earthday submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Patterico’s Pontifications – “Is Something Less True If a White Person Says It About Black People?” submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Byron York/Washington Examiner–Plenty of ammo for anti-Obamacare ads in New York Times submitted by Bookworm Room
- FiveThirtyEight – For Columnist, a Change of Tone submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Gay Patriot –This Is Who Leads Us submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Joel Kotkin/Forbes –Where Inequality Is Worst In The United Statessubmitted by The Razor
- The Other McCain –MSNBC and Obama Tanking Together submitted byNice Deb
- The Federalist – The Film Common Core Educrats Don’t Want You to See submitted by The Right Planet
- Allen West – Blame Bush: Why Obama gets so little respect from the troops submitted by VA Right!
- Victor Davis Hanson – Obama’s Enlightened Foolery submitted by The Watcher
- The People’s Cube – Michelle Recalls Surviving American Death Campssubmitted by Watcher
Winners for the Week!
The choice for me was an easy one.. here’s a slice of The Noisy Room’s excellent Leland Yee – Gun Runner, Terrorist Enabler, Progressive Communist
For years now, Trevor Loudon has warned about Progressives, their corruption and their oft connection to the Communist underworld… especially in Asian circles of influence. A member of the California Asian Pacific Island Legislative Caucus, Yee has some splainin’ to do… Leland Yee is an excellent example of this ilk of Progressive politician. Yee just got caught stepping in criminal crap big time. This one is sheer poetry.
But he wasn’t the only one this week and he is the third in California alone. It would seem the FBI has developed a hankering for corrupt Democrats suddenly. From bribery in Pennsylvania, where charges were dropped because the judge deemed them ‘racist,’ to the Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina resigning over bribes taken for business favors, it just keeps getting better and better.
Enter Leland Yee, originally — wait for it — from Hawaii. Not only is Lee connected to the Communist underworld and political power brokers in California, he’s been a bad, bad boy and has been gun running in connection to radical Islamic terrorists. A staunch gun control advocate, one has to savor the irony that he was suppressing gun rights, so he could sell arms on the black market to his constituents. A hypocrite extraordinaire, Yee called for Progressive-style transparency and guns for those who could afford them.
You’ve got to give it to Lee, he sported a big set as he flipped the bird to authorities and was running for Secretary of State. That would have been hard to do with cuffs on and behind bars, just sayin’. He’s now withdrawn from the race with more pressing matters to attend to. A 137-page, FBI-sworn affidavit against California State Sen. Leland Yee, as well as over two dozen other individuals, has been filed. This is some good stuff… entertainment and enlightenment for the whole country.
Charges include not only gun running, but wire fraud, money laundering, corruption and bribery. And it gets better. The affidavit contains alleged murder-for-hire plots involving a political consultant close to Yee, as well as large international weapons trafficking operations. These operations included automatic weapons, shoulder-fired missiles, rocket launchers and heavy artillery. Anyone for adding treason to the charges? These weapons were allegedly being brought in from Russia and Islamic rebels in the Philippines.
California, we have a problem:
Out in California, State Senator Leland Yee, a longtime California politician who was praised for his efforts to make government more transparent and authored gun control legislation, was arrested Wednesday, accused of conspiracy to deal firearms and wire fraud. According to the NY Daily News, Yee discussed helping the undercover FBI agent get weapons worth $500,000 to $2.5 million, including shoulder-fired automatic weapons and missiles, and showed the agent the entire process of how to get those weapons from a Muslim separatist group in the Philippines into the United States, according to an affidavit from FBI Special Agent Emmanuel V. Pascua.
Yee performed “official acts” in exchange for donations from undercover FBI agents, as he sought to dig himself out of a $70,000 debt incurred during a failed San Francisco mayoral bid, according to court documents. Yee is also accused of accepting $10,000 in January 2013 from an undercover agent in exchange for his making a call to the California Department of Public Health in support of a contract under consideration with the agency.
Another individual named in the affidavit is Raymond Chow, aka “Shrimp Boy,” the former leader of a Chinese criminal organization with ties to Hong Kong. Chow is accused of money laundering, conspiracy to receive and transport stolen property and conspiracy to traffic contraband cigarettes.
Yee is the third Democrat senator from California to face charges this year along with Sen. Rod Wright, convicted of perjury and voter fraud, and Sen. Ron Calderon, indicted on federal corruption charges. Wright and Calderon are both taking a voluntary leave of absence, WITH pay of course– so typical.
Much more at the link
In our non-Council category, the winner was Matthew Continetti of the Washington Free Beacon with an absolutely magnificent take down of Senate Majority leader Harry Reid, entitled The Grandfather and submitted by Joshuapundit. This is definitely a must read piece.
Here are this week’s full results:
*First place with 4 1/3 votes!The Noisy Room – Leland Yee – Gun Runner, Terrorist Enabler, Progressive Communist
Second place with 3 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit-Sharia Rears Its Head In Pennsylvania
Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Simply Jews – Peter Beinart on Russian and American neocons: an imaginary symmetry
Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –VA Right! – Eric Cantor Planning to Bankrupt Virginia’s Republican Party to Regain Control
Fourth place with 1 vote –Nice Deb – The Horrendous Criminal Enterprise Known As The Democrat Party
Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room – The view from the trenches puts the lie to the media’s gloating about 7 million Obamacare new enrollments
Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Cracked.com’s ‘5 Disastrous Attempts at Political Commentary in Comicbooks’
Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Right Planet – IRS Scandal: Not a ‘Smidgen of Corruption,’ Huh?
Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Razor – Neocons Revile Obama not Putin
Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Rhymes With Right – Is Pratt Resignation/Withdrawal Actually About The Latest Criminal Complaint?
Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –The Independent Sentinel – Police State Law Enforcement Comes to Long Island
Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote –Ask Marion – Harry Reid… in a Class by Himself When It Comes to Dirty Laundry