GE is buying up Chevy Volts and ordering all their employees to drive them with few exceptions. I hear they come with fire extinguishers. It also comes with instructions on how far it needs to be parked from your home to avoid burning it down.
Best yet – and this is not a joke – they are allowing employees to use GAS all the time.
Interesting points from the GE commie memo –
- “All sedans ordered in 2012 will be the Chevrolet Volt”
- Crossovers and minivans will be replaced by electric-vehicle sedans, i.e. the Volt
- Field engineers (who presumably have to carry equipment and spare parts) are the exception to the Volt-only rule
- Home assessments for installation of a 240-Volt Level 2 charging station will be provided to all Volt drivers
- If it’s not possible to install a Level 2 station, employees should use standard 110-Volt charging
- If no electric power is available, driving the Volt using only its gasoline range extender is permitted
- Employees should expense both public charging-station costs and the Volt-recharging portion of their monthly electric bills
- If new GE drivers opt out of the fleet-vehicle program and choose to use a personal car, GE will not reimburse those expenses
- Existing drivers will not be reimbursed for personal-vehicle use after January 1, 2013
Read here: GE Crony Socialism Memo