The State Department has announced that the cap is lifted on refugees coming into the U.S. Refugees will soon begin pouring into the United States at the rate of 1500 or more per week by next month. Funds for this influx were supplied by the Republican spending bill.
This is a huge break from what President Trump promised on the campaign trail last year. Thank judicial tyranny and the Republican Congress for this. Keep in mind that a Democratic Congress would insist on no borders at all and spending would be unlimited.
This decision was conveyed in an email on Thursday to the private agencies in countries around the world that help refugees manage the nearly two-year application process to enter the United States.
Don’t misunderstand. It’s not really two-years. The paperwork sits on a desk for two years. The vetting for some nationals is still poor to non-existent.
In an email, Jennifer L. Smith, a department official, wrote that the refugee groups could begin bringing people to the United States “unconstrained by the weekly quotas that were in place.”
What’s Up With That?
When U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson in Hawaii blocked the travel ban, while he didn’t specifically address the cap, he blocked implementation of two sections of the executive order. Those sections included the admissions cap of 50,000 refugees per annum.
The ruling legally requires Trump to go back to pre-executive order immigration levels or Trump will be in violation of the judge’s order.
It’s not really constitutional. A president has the right to decide on behalf of Americans who can enter the country.
Judge Watson based his order on campaign statements made by Trump that suggests religious animus. If Trump tries to slow the pace, he will have the same legal problems with the courts.
We currently live under judicial tyranny with Obama embeds dictating to the President of the United States who is trying to avoid articles of impeachment.
To further complicate matters, the Hawaii judge has threatened to order Trump to admit double the number of refugees. He will use the same arguments of religious animus if he does.
Officials at the State Department, which handles much of refugee resettlement, have not said specifically what refugee cap they are operating under. But they said they will comply with the ruling.
Earlier this month, Mark Toner, acting spokesman for the department, said in a statement that the Department of Justice “advised that all enforcement of [the two sections of the order] must cease immediately.”
“As a result, refugees will continue to arrive in the United States under the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program,” Toner said. “We are working closely with our legal teams as well as our interagency and overseas partners to comply with the order.”
Waiting for the Supremes
The only reason the pace slowed was because a spending bill was not in place. When the Republicans put the spending bill together, they funded all refugee programs.
This is not what the President appears to want but he is waiting for a Supreme Court ruling. U.S. courts are so filled with Obama appointees that the only court of recourse left is the Supreme Court.
As we wait for the case to be handed over to the Supreme Court, the poorly vetted refugees, chosen by an offshoot of the UN, will continue to pour in. They will come primarily from countries under jihadist threats. Trump’s first executive order prioritized persecuted Christians but that was revised. His new order considers “fear of persecution or torture” without explicitly calling out religious factors.
The Clarion Call the Democrats Can’t Hear
Ironic how this is happening now since, this very month, President Donald Trump issued a clarion call to the Muslim world to fight Islamic terrorism of all kinds.
“Drive them out. Drive them out of your places of worship. Drive them out of your communities. Drive them out of your holy land and drive them out of this earth,” he said, during his speech in Saudi Arabia this month.
He blasted European leaders for their lax immigration standards. German Chancellor Angela Merkel especially has been criticized at home for allowing too many Middle Eastern refugees into Germany.
“You have thousands and thousands of people pouring into our various countries and spreading throughout, and in many cases we have no idea who they are,” Mr. Trump said, with Ms. Merkel standing nearby. “The NATO of the future must include a great focus on terrorism and immigration, as well as threats from Russia on our NATO’s eastern and southern borders.”
Here Come Our Future Jihadists
While the U.S. will not reach the numbers we see in Germany, they will increase the numbers of potential jihadists.
The scope of the problem can be seen in one Sunday Times UK report that says intelligence officers have identified 23,000 jihadist extremists living in Britain as potential terrorist attackers. It’s not the 3,000 you’ve heard about. These numbers were disclosed by Whitehall sources.
About 3,000 people from the total group are judged to pose a threat and are under investigation or active monitoring in 500 operations being run by police and intelligence services. The 20,000 others have featured in previous inquiries. They are categorised as posing a “residual risk”.
The two terrorists who struck in Britain this year — Salman Abedi, the Manchester bomber, and Khalid Masood, the Westminster killer — were in the pool of “former subjects of interest”. They presented a “residual risk”.
In France and Germany, the problem is far worse with Germany being described by reporters as the Wild West.
Poland has been terror-attack-free because they don’t let the refugees into their country during a worldwide jihad and they don’t care what names you call them.