There are 1500 newspapers, 1100 magazines, 9000 radio stations, 1500 TV stations but 90% of them are owned by six corporations – GE, Newscorp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner and CBS, all run by Democrats. That’s great for people who want liberalism, socialism, communism, Fascism and a one party country run by elites in government and in large corporations.
It’s not great for Republicans which makes Donald Trump’s success all the more remarkable.
Morris Creative reported that 30 years ago, 90% of media was held by 50 different companies,which is what most people would assume it would be now, but thanks to mergers and buyouts, it’s down to 6 major companies.
As far as cable is concerned, 70% is owned by the ‘Big 6.’ Comcast now owns 51% of NBC, while GE owns 49%.
Then there’s this:
- 232 media executives control all our information or almost all.
- Total revenue for 2010 was just under $276 billion.
- A total of 178 million read Time Warner news each month.
- Newscorp controls the top three newspapers in the world, The Wall Street Journal, The Australian, and The Sun.
- Clear Channel owns 1200 stations.
- The Big Six movie sales reached $7 billion in 2010 and that was twice the box office of the other 140 companies.
Our leftists in government have been at it for years. They want us to think like they do and ‘nudge‘ us into submission.
Sharyl Attkisson, writing for The Daily Signal, exposed something the FBI and other government agencies are doing and apparently have done for decades, that is, they are spreading self-promoting propaganda disguised as public service announcements. They are not the only agency doing it.
The commercial she cited as an example starts with: “In a move demonstrating the FBI’s valuable role of protecting national security, Director James Comey creates a separate Intelligence Branch…”
It turns out this isn’t a news report at all. And the “news anchor” is actually a public affairs specialist.
It promotes FBI Director James Comey’s creation of “a separate Intelligence Branch.” Again, mimicking a news story format, it includes “interview” excerpts with the executive assistant director of the new branch, Eric Velez-Villar, Attkisson writes.
She continues, he tells listeners in a comment pre-approved by the FBI for air: “As the director says, we are a national security law enforcement organization that uses, collects, and shares intelligence in everything we do.”
You might have heard the ad out of the Department of Homeland Security in which foreigners talk about how they love America because there are people from all over the world and America is so inclusive.
It’s a great tool to make the public think they must love Big Government because they can’t do without it.we’re paying for our own propaganda.
The past administration has done a fine job of uniting the government and media outlets together in a crony and corrupt way.
Check out some of the ties that bind:
- Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications, is the brother of David Rhodes, the President of CBS.
- Former ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, the formerNational Security Adviser.
- ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney
- ABC News president Ben Sherwood’s sister, Dr. Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, is Special Assistant to Barack Obama on national security affairs.
- ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s former Deputy Press Secretary and OFA organizer.
- ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s former Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood.
- ABC News chief anchor George Stephanopoulos ran Bill Clinton’s campaign and donated to the Clintons. He became the White House communications director under Bill Clinton aka chief propagandist.
- CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.
Snopes likes to say most of the connections were outdated but that’s a non sequitur. When they leave the jobs, the connections don’t suddenly evaporate. The fact is there was a revolving door between the White House and the media.
Branco cartoon by Net Right Daily
Even CNN-lover calls out CNN, doesn’t blame Trump for being “furious” with them and says an awful lot of people see them as “snobs” and an “unelected aristocracy”.