For those of you who are hearing this for the first time, I apologize for ruining your day. For those of you who have heard about this before, I apologize for also ruining your day. Either way, this really sucks!
In 1984, our “friends in Washington” decided that poor, indigent people, really could use a “free” phone. This would show them, after all, who their real friends were.
OK so far?
Typical Liberal scheme:
- a “worthwhile” idea
- the need is there
- anything to ensure votes in November
- the tax payers only find out about it WHEN IT’S TOO LATE TO STOP IT!
- absolutely no safeguards or follow-up procedures are allowed, And
- it must be “free”
OK, take a deep breath! These are the numbers:
“Free” phones for poor, indigent people: Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood taxpayer!
- In 2008, this free, phone-program cost us “only” 819 MILLION dollars!
- This year, in 2012, it costs (this is really hard to believe!) 2.2 BILLION DOLLARS!
- Two dollars and fifty cents is added to EVERYONE’S monthly phone bill to subsidize this “free ” service!
Sounds like a tax to me. And now the worst of the worse!
Six million phone-recipients or 41% of ALL the recipients, COULD NOT PROVE THAT THEY WERE REALLY ELIGIBLE TO LEGALLY RECEIVE THEM!