The family of victimized Covington student Nick Sandmann has added the high-profile, high-powered media attorney Lin Wood to its litigation team. This is a great sign that there still might be justice for Nick Sandmann at least. These media personalities and celebrities need to be called to account.
Watch out Maggie Haberman, NY Times, NBC, CNN, GQ, BuzzFeed, WaPo, Kathy Griffin, Alyssa Milano, Kara Swisher, Nathaniel Friedman, and a whole host of others, including politicians. It’s not clear who Lin Wood will concentrate on going after but there are a lot of deep-pockets here.
BuzzFeed better lay off more than 15 percent of their staff and the NY Times should be worried.
This is the BuzzFeed culture writer:
One theme of the conversations over the past 24 hours = how deeply familiar this look is. It’s the look of white patriarchy, of course, but that familiarity — that banality — is part of what prompts the visceral reaction. This isn’t spectacular. It’s life in America. pic.twitter.com/TmziDwAjYA
— Anne Helen Petersen (@annehelen) January 21, 2019
Recode editor and New York Times contributing op-ed writer Kara Swisher deleted one tweet saying she was thinking of “finding every one of these shitty kids and giving them a very large piece of my mind,” and other tweets throwing slurs like “Nazi” and “nationalist.”
Sinclair chief political correspondent Scott Thurman deleted a tweet alleging students in MAGA hats were “mocking” and “taunting” a Native American in front of the Lincoln Memorial in D.C., asking in a new tweet if the new video changed minds about the kids.
Kathy Griffin called for the doxxing of the students and called them “f**kers.” Another lunatic asked Twitter denizens if they ever saw a “more punchable face.”
JUSTICE FOR NICK SANDMANN
Lin is said to be committed to bringing justice to 16-year-old Nick Sandmann and his family. Wood’s career has revolved around libel and slander cases against those he believes have been mistreated by the media.
Lin Wood was the lead attorney in the Richard Jewell case and won the large judgment for Jon and Patsy Ramsey and their son.
He lists some of his amazing successes on his website. Look at them.
Mr. Wood has been the lead attorney in many national, high profile cases, including serving as:
- lead civil attorney for the late Richard Jewell in matters arising out of reporting about Mr. Jewell in connection with the 1996 bombing of Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta
- lead civil attorney for Jeff Greene in libel litigation against The St. Petersburg Times and The Miami Herald related to Mr. Greene’s 2010 campaign for the Democratic Nomination for the U.S. Senate from Florida
- lead civil attorney for Sheldon Adelson in New York libel litigation against the National Jewish Democratic Council
- attorney for Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain in defense of false accusation
- attorney for Dr. Phil McGraw in connection with false and defamatory articles published by Newsweek, the Daily Beast and the National Enquirer
- lead civil attorney in Whistleblower cases alleging Medicare fraud against DaVita, Inc. in federal court in Atlanta and against Halifax Hospital Medical Center in federal court in Florida
- lead civil attorney for Howard K. Stern in the prosecution and defense of defamation claims arising out of the death of Anna Nicole Smith
- lead trial counsel for The Estate of Martin Luther King, Jr., Inc. in connection with claims related to corporate governance
- lead attorney for John and the late Patsy Ramsey and their son in matters relating to the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey in Boulder, Colorado, and present lead attorney for Burke Ramsey in defamation matters against CBS and Dr. Werner Spitz.
- attorney for Beth Holloway in matters relating to the media coverage of the May 2005 disappearance of her daughter, Natalee Holloway, in Aruba and in a pending civil action against the National Enquirer in federal court in Alabama
- attorney for Sharon Rocha in matters relating to the media coverage of the December 2002 murder of her daughter, Laci Peterson
- attorney for former U.S. Congressman Gary Condit in defamation matters relating to the May 2001 abduction and murder of Chandra Levy in Washington
- co-counsel for the victim in the civil actions in Colorado against Kobe Bryant
- lead counsel for AirTran Airlines, Inc. in defamation litigation against the Cleveland, Ohio newspaper, The Plain Dealer
- lead counsel for Esquire Deposition Services LLC in multi-state class actions dealing with billing practices
- lead trial counsel for the Estate of Anna Nicole Smith in federal action for misappropriation and theft of estate property
- lead trial attorney for Sun Trust Bank in litigation arising out of claims by trust beneficiaries related to an inheritance of Coca-Cola stock
- lead trial attorney for Phoebe Putney Health Care System and Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in the defense of 42 U.S.C. 1983 claims by a former staff physician
- lead trial attorney for NextGen Fuel, Inc. in the defense of claims alleging breach of contract and intellectual property infringement