Editor’s note: people on both sides of the aisle have had problems answering the question of what Hillary has accomplished. Reader/Writer Nancy Molinari has compiled a fairly comprehensive list.
by Nancy Molinari
Let’s take a look at Hillary Clinton’s track record.
- Chinagate 1996 – The Chinese embassy in D.C. helped siphon funds into the DNC. At Hillary’s instruction, they reportedly sold seats on department trade missions to China.
- Travelgate Scandal –There was a reported attempt to give a White House airline contract to a friend. To accomplish this, Hillary had the FBI investigate Billy Dale, the head of the travel office, ruining his career. He was found to have done nothing wrong, but was then audited by the IRS for three years after. “A memorandum by a former Presidential aide depicts Hillary Rodham Clinton as the central figure in the 1993 travel office dismissals, a politically damaging episode that the aide said had resulted from a climate of fear in which officials did not dare question Mrs. Clinton’s wishes,” wrote the NYT in 1996.
- Whitewater Scandal – Hillary and her husband were partners in a shady real estate development firm called Whitewater Development Corp in Arkansas. Accusations of impropriety against the Clintons and others soon surfaced, regarding improper campaign contributions, political and financial favors, and tax benefits. However, “The Clintons walked away unscathed, having apparently done nothing wrong” – really? Read more at Powerlineblog.
- Filegate Scandal – Craig Livingstone, director of the White House’s Office of Personnel Security “improperly” accessed FBI files on several hundred individuals. Mrs. Clinton called it a, “completely honest bureaucratic snafu.” Many of these files were on people from previous Republican administrations. Hillary Clinton hired Livingstone and is alleged to have looked at the files and requested this move. She was accused by Republicans of violating privacy rights of individuals she viewed as political adversaries. Well, this seems a bit more serious of an issue than one of Bernie’s campaign staff accessing DNC records, don’t you think? I love the excuse a “completely honest bureaucratic snafu”.
- Cattle-Futures Miracle – Hillary’s first commodity trade was in cattle futures where she ordered 10 futures contracts which normally cost $12,000 dollars with only $1,000 dollars in her account. This turned into $6,300 dollars by the next morning and after 10 months totaled $100,000, with trading help from James B. Blair. Possible inside information and trading? Hillary “claimed” it was because she was able to make the successful trading because she read the Wall Street Journal for research – I don’t believe that one bit, few do.
- Lootergate – Bill and especially Hillary started to ship White House furniture to their personal home in Chappaqua, N.Y.. The Clintons claimed they were donated, but only some were proven to be donated and were meant to stay in the White House after manufacturers were contacted. The Clintons returned some of the furniture after pressure was put on them to do so – were they playing dumb? If she wins, maybe she’ll bring back any furniture she “forgot” to return to the White House. I’m going to skip a few more and jump to the most recent, because there’s just too many to list and I think you get the idea here.
- Benghazi – Hillary Clinton went before a committee. She admitted she had sent e-mails to her family saying, this attack at Benghazi was caused by Al Qaida-like elements. She spent over a week telling the families of those victims and the American people that it was because of a “video.” Hillary maintained that she believed the attack still had something to do with the YouTube video, “The Innocence of Muslims.” But the night of the attack, she emailed Chelsea Clinton and told her that an al-Qaeda-like group had killed the ambassador. The next day, she told the Egyptian ambassador the same thing. As Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) said to Clinton, “You tell the American people one thing. You tell your family an entirely different story.” She has done everything possible to steer away from her any remote possibility that she had any involvement or could have possibly prevented the Benghazi tragedy.
- Hillary’s personal e-mails – Hillary insisted that she’d been fully transparent about her emails. Even the State Department has rejected that nonsense repeatedly. The hearings did provide some perspective into just why Hillary might have deleted 30,000 emails, however, she claimed that her correspondence about Libya, which dropped dramatically from 2011 to 2012, was not because she cared less about the country—it was because she had people shuttling documents to her in suitcases. Then she LIED under oath to Congress about having nothing marked classified in her personal e-mails. 15% of her private e-mails were marked classified – again another lie in front of the entire world.
- Latest scandal, the Clinton Foundation – Foundationgate scandal – It’s nothing more than the Clintons taking a charity approved to build a presidential archival library out of Arkansas where the laws are very different and moved it into New York where the laws are strict. They completely ignored the New York laws and took on projects that had nothing to do with the library. According to financial expert and writer Charles Ortel, the Clinton Foundation is nothing but a “slush fund”.
- Does Hillary Clinton project the type of honorable and honest candidate to become our next President of the United States? People that lie, cheat and steal never change their ways and neither will she.
She herself was asked June 14, 2014 about her accomplishments as secretary of state.
“What are you most proud of and what do you feel was unfinished and would like to have another crack at one day,” the interviewer asked.
She answered puzzedly by saying that she sees her role in a democracy as a relay race. She “ran the best race she could” and “passed the baton.” “Some of what hasn’t been finished, may go on to be finished.”