Photo of weasels taking a break
Every week on Monday morning , the Council and our invited guests weigh in at the Watcher’s Forum, short takes on a major issue of the day. This week’s question: Is America’s Culture Dysfunctional? How Would You Change It?
The Independent Sentinel: The answer is yes!! The culture is dysfunctional. When the man or woman or teen on the street doesn’t know who the president is or what the NSA is up to but can come up with Kim Kardashian’s baby’s name, that’s fairly dysfunctional. When people are rooting for the filibustering lady who thinks it’s okay to abort full-term babies, that’s every dysfunctional. People who are willing to sign petitions to repeal the Bill of Rights leave me speechless.
Our media is violent, vulgar, and misleading and that’s a reflection of who we are.
The Brave New World has come to pass. We need Wall-e.
That being said, my solution is to lock up the extreme Democrats and there are some on the extreme right who need to be thrown in the clink too (I’m kidding of course).
Until we address the core problems, nothing will get better. We need to believe in something and it can’t be Jay-Z. We have to stand for something, and it can’t be entitlements and money. We have to have a strong work ethic and a desire to be the best we can be and that would mean we have figured out how to extricate ourselves from the couch.
We certainly have to understand there is a broad swath of humanity out there that we should care about and a world we should contribute to, which would require us to accept that the “I” and “me” culture doesn’t work.
One doesn’t have to believe in a higher power, but one has to believe some things are not relative. There are core values that one should stick with and never abandon. Never sacrifice your soul! Teach your children well because if you don’t do that, there’s hardly anything else that matters.
Most of all, never give up!
The psycho-babble generation spends too much time wallowing in self-pity and doing drugs, eating, and drinking.
We can and will come back. Yin and Yang.
GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD: Trick question. As a fully crunk democrazy – our culture and scene au courant is a killer montage of fun and free choice. Or as Uncle Tony Blair so hotly saged it – “The freedom for you to be you as long as it doesn’t halt me from being me” – somewhat simple – tho not simplistic.
JoshuaPundit: Yes and no, although sadly, it’s trending that way. What passes for our culture these days largely originates in Manhattan and Los Angeles,where the major media and entertainment centers are. What passes for the norm in these and other urban enclaves has very little to do with what passes for culture in the Heartland, although enough of it has leached in to be destructive.
It’s important to realize that America’s traditional culture was deliberately attacked by the Soviets, who were following a strategy laid down by one of Lenin’s favorite strategists, Italian communist Antonio Gramschi. Gramschi said that the communist revolution could never be spread effectively by armed struggle, but that capitalist societies could be rotted from within by taking over areas like academia, the arts, radio and motion pictures and other political, cultural and social institutions. The Comintern was specifically formed to coordinate this strategy in 1919, and the full details – including the names of a number of outright Soviet agents and symphathizers became available thanks to the declassified cables of the Venona Project and acces given to historians to the Soviet Archives during Boris Yeltsin’s presidency of Russia.
My prediction is that economic hard times and what I can only call an end to certain illusions are going to result in a resurgence of our traditional culture…it will change because it has to if America is to remain a cohesive country.
The Council also has a weekly contest and the winners articles are worth reading!
- *First place with 5 votes! Joshuapundit –The Coup In Egypt And Why It’s Important
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Right Planet –NSA Fever and the Sinister Entity
- Second place *t* with 1 1/3 vote – The Political Commentator-New York State I-STOP law: Obamacare incarnate?
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey-Asimov’s robots as a metaphor for human nature
- Third place *t* with 1 vote – Liberty’s Spirit- Attacking the Interest Rate Hike Instead of the Real Problem: No Future Inducing Jobs
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Nice Deb-The New Hotness: Libs Keep Comparing Conservatives To Islamofascists
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Bookworm Room-Lois Lerner’s demand for immunity before she’ll testify before Congress
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD–Democrazy Démarche
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Has Obama Actually Accomplished Anything Positive in 5 Years?
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Noisy Room –Allen West at His Best – Teach Obama a Lesson
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – The Compliant Press
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Razor – The Liberal Fetish For Elections
Well, there you have it.