People who enter our country illegally do not have due process rights despite what the left would have us believe. The Supreme Court has already ruled, repeatedly.
Allowing illegal aliens to contest orders of removal is “a mockery to good immigration policy and law and order,” the President said recently.
Indeed it is. We have a recent example of that. All of the illegal aliens who came in with children will be allowed to stay in the country as a result of a ruling by another nobody judge on behalf of illegal aliens.
The mainstream media portrayed the President’s comments about due process for people entering the country illegally as a call to end due process.
But as Matt O’Brien of FAIR writes, most of these open borders policies, anchored in alleged due process rights, are the result of “badly reasoned federal district-court decisions, ridiculous settlement agreements, and politically motivated policy decisions.”
Foreign nationals outside our borders are owed NO DUE PROCESS, he says.
And the Supreme Court has been remarkably consistent on this point over the years, Mr. O’Brien wrote in an article for Lifezette.
- The courts do not have any right to order the admission of foreigners who have no formal, legal connection to the United States. (Murray’s Lessee v. Hoboken Land and Improvement Co.; Hilton v. Merritt)
- Every sovereign nation has the power to forbid the entrance of foreigners upon conditions it prescribes. (Ekiu v. the United States)
- The USA only has to provide a trial only when illegal aliens are charged with a crime and face punishment. (Wong Wing v. the United States)
- The court cannot review the determination of the political branch of the Government. (Knauff v. Shaughnessy)
- Unadmitted, nonresident aliens have no right of entry to the United States as nonimmigrants, or otherwise. (Kleindienst v. Mandel)
The far-left and open borders lunatics would have you believe foreigners are entitled to enter our country illegally. They also want you to believe they can remain at will to collect our benefits.
Speaking of benefits…
IT COSTS THE USA HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS
According to a report from the Center for Immigration Studies, tax credits received by illegals and wage write-offs U.S companies claim, have cost the Treasury $296 billion over the past 10 years!
The lost taxes bill amounts to about $30 Billion Annually.
That is in addition to wage losses to legal workers of an astonishing $118 billion when companies decide to illegally hire undocumented aliens.
As for the families of the low-skilled working immigration population in the country, 51 percent (76 percent counting immigrant-led households with children) are collecting some sort of check from our welfare services.
In a report via USA Today, the Center for Immigration Studies found that about 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households.
Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born. Read more HERE.
The Center for Immigration Studies uses government reports for their studies.