JoshuaPundit on Oct 30 2013 at 2:47 am | Filed under: Nominations
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, Ask Marion, Maggie’s Notebook, The Independent Sentinel, and The Pirate’s Cove took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status for some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Political Commentator – Bill de Blasio: Caveat Emptor New York City!
- Liberty’s Spirit – Book Review: Killing Jesus
- The Noisy Room – Lights Out in America – the EMP Threat
- Joshuapundit–60 Minutes On Benghazi: “Yes, They Were Left To Die and You Were Lied To”
- Simply Jews – Open Zion and Belgium State ukulele orchestra meet expectations
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Battle of the South China Sea
- The Colossus of Rhodey – As if Philly schools don’t have enough problems
- The Right Planet – Don’t Urinate Down My Back and Tell Me It’s Raining, Mr. President!
- Nice Deb – Extortion: How Obama’s “Squeegee Man” Eric Holder Punishes Obama’s Political Enemies (Video)
- Bookworm Room – The Horrible Racism And Cruelty Of Political Correctness
- VA Right! – With Affordable Health Care Now a Reality, Let’s Stop Government Funding for Community Health Centers
- The Glittering Eye –The NYT Is Incoherent
- Rhymes With Right – Nevada Pol Makes Dumb Comment To Explain Flawed View Of The Duty Of An Elected Official
- The Razor – Sending Legislators to the Unemployment Line
- The Mellow Jihadi – Happy Birthday Royal Marines, 349-years-old
- Ask Marion – Changing Winds… Common Sense, Patriotism and Conservatism is on the Rise in America
- Maggie’s Notebook – Ted Cruz Iowa Speech Transcript Video October 25, 2013
- The Independent Sentinel – Terry McAuliffe – Do You Believe How Bad This Guy Is?
- The Pirate’s Cove – Scientist Worries About Return To Little Ice Age Type Conditions
- Conservative Daily News –Obama Hates Black People submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fred Barnes/Weekly Standard – The Point Of No Return submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage Mag –What’s Right about Ted Cruz & the Tea Party submitted byThe Noisy Room
- Mark Steyn – ObamaCare’s Magical Thinkers submitted by Joshuapundit
- Generation Y – The Prodigious Milligram submitted by Simply Jews
- War Is Boring – Dear Amnesty Internat’l – Do You Even Know How Drones Work? submitted byGrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- New Republic Blog – Imaginary Jews submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- The DiploMad 2.0 – The Media and Obama: Hitting The Disgust Quota submitted by The Right Planet
- John Fund/The Corner, NRO – Obama’s Valerie Jarrett: Often Whispered about, But Never Challenged submitted by Nice Deb
- Bret Stephens/ WSJ–The unbearable lightness of Obama submitted by Bookworm Room
- Publius Forum – CBS Proves Hillary Deliberately Lied About Benghazi submitted by VA Right!
- Tyler Cowen/Marginal Revolution – What is the most likely path forward for the ACA exchanges? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Urban Grounds – Democrats Then: “Hell no, we won’t delay Obamacare.” Democrats Now: “Yeah, that’s probably a good idea.” submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Wolf Howling – Obamacare: The Mother of All Market Distortions (Updated) submitted by The Razor
- Doug Ross – OUTRAGE: Nearly 200 Officers Purged From U.S. Military to Ensure Ideological Purity submitted by The Watcher
- The Market Ticker – How Badly Will ObamaCare Screw You? Answers Here! submitted byWatcher