Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Well, 2014 is upon us, and I’m sure all of my Council mates and the WoW community join me in wishing you a prosperous, healthy and happy New Year. Traffic wise, this was one of our best years ever, and we couldn’t have done it without your support, I tell ya!
Oh, and 2014? Some of the Council and our invited guests weighed in with a few predictions for the New Year you can view here.
This year, once again the Council as a whole won the award for Best Blog Ring inthe 2013 Fabulous 50 Blog Awards, not to mention that Council members The Noisy Room and Nice Deb copped the awards for Best All Around Blogger, as did our pal, Council alumnus and distinguished member of the WoW community Sarah Noble of The Independent Sentinel.
Council Akbar indeed!Thanks to everyone who voted for us.
This week, Ask Marion, Seraphic Secret, Maggie’s Notebook and The Independent Sentinel took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Tobring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PSTin order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – J”accuse the Ultimate Anti-Semite (Update): The “as a Jew” Meme Returns
- The Noisy Room – Verily, It Is A Clusterduck
- The Political Commentator – Egypt knows what Obama still can’t figure out!
- Joshuapundit–Stone Soup
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – What If Germany Won WWI?
- Simply Jews – Turkish Blues
- Rhymes With Right – Book Review — Unintimidated By Scott Walke
- VA Right! – Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson a Modern Day Rosa Parks
- The Right Planet – Do Barack Obama and Karl Marx Agree on Social Inequality?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Missed Irony
- The Mellow Jihadi – The French peasants are revolting
- Nice Deb – Benghazi Witnesses Outraged By NYTs Story: Complete Baloney (Video)
- The Glittering Eye –Nativity Scenes
- Bookworm Room – When it comes to Norman Rockwell (nudge, nudge), homosexuality is in the eye of an obsessed culture
- The Razor – 2013 Posts That Went Nowhere
- Ask Marion – Inside TAO… NSA Intercepts Your Mail
- Maggie’s Notebook – Can the NYT Get More Bizarre: Why Yes…They Can and Did: NYT Reporter on the Ground in Benghazi a Photographer? Or Is It Just a Lie?
- Seraphic Secret – Obama Flees From ObamaCare
- The Independent Sentinel – Stunning: ACA Mandate for Religious Organizations Blocked by Justice
- Caroline Glick/Jerusalem Post – Khodorkovsky and the Freedom Agenda submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Red State –Of Ducks And Disposition submitted by The Noisy Room
- American Thinker –Will 2014 See A Repeat Of 1914? submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sherri Mandel – I’m Glad My Son’s Murderers Have Not Been Foundsubmitted by Joshuapundit
- War On The Rocks – Holiday Reading List submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- David P. Goldman/ PJ Media – The End of Erdogan’s Cave of Wonders: An I-Told-You-So submitted by Simply Jews
- Doug Ross @Journal – Obamacare Comix – Real Numbers Editionsubmitted by Rhymes with Right
- New American – Global Warming Alarmists Stuck In Antarctic Sea Icesubmitted by VA Right!
- Alinsky Defeater’s Blog – The Darwinian Paradox of Progressivismsubmitted by The Right Planet
- The Daily Caller – 5 dumbest Melissa Harris-Perry quotes of 2013submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Roger L. Simon/Pajamas Media –The Principal Enemy submitted byThe Mellow Jihadi
- Sultan Knish –Rise of the Mediacracy submitted by Nice Deb
- Althouse – “Look, you wait until they get to be 20-years-old, the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket. ” submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Norman Rogers/American Thinker–The Solar Swindle submitted byBookworm Room
- Popehat –Burn the F***ing System to the Ground submitted by The Razor
- Bill Whittle – The End of the Beginning submitted by The Watcher
- Victor Davis Hanson – 2017 and the End of Ethics submitted byWatcher