Democrats who wanted FBI Director Jim Comey fired now demand answers as they defend him and trash Trump for firing him. They were singing a different tune only recently. At the end of this article, we have reposted the ten scandals of Jim Comey published by Grabien News because they are being ignored to put forward another line of attack to “dump Trump” as Chuck Schumer would say.
What Democrats Said About Comey Before He Was Fired
“Maybe he’s [Comey] not in the right job. I think that we have to just get through this election and just see what the casualties are along the way,” said Rep. Nancy Pelosi last November 2nd.
Senator Schumer said he [Comey] does “not have confidence in” Comey any longer “for his decision to send a letter reopening the investigation into Clinton’s private server, according to Bloomberg on November 2, 2016.
“I was on the way to winning until the combination of Jim Comey’s letter on October 28 and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me but got scared off — and the evidence for that intervening event is, I think, compelling [and] persuasive,” Hillary Clinton said on May 3rd, which she said many times before.
Democrats have done a 180. Some liberal Republicans are also condemning the firing or the timing of it.
They are doing this despite the fact that most people agree Comey has lost the confidence of his employers and the American people. The critics complain that it is in the middle of the Russia collusion investigation. There has been zero evidence presented to date despite daily leaks and a near-year-long investigation.
The reason Democrats are doing this is to destroy Trump in the long-term and, in the short-term, to force a special prosecutor who can keep the Russia story going for four years. There was no such special prosecutor appointed in Hillary’s many scandals or Obama’s.
There Is Precedent
There have only been seven FBI Directors, including J.Edgar Hoover who served for thirty-seven years until 1972.
Democrats are comparing the Comey firing to Nixon’s “Saturday Night Massacre”.
Jim Comey is the second Director to be fired. The first was William Sessions who was fired by then-President Bill Clinton in 1993.
Why It Was Done
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who enjoys high esteem from both right and left, recently wrote an extensive memo to Attorney General Jeff Sessions outlining concerns with Comey’s conduct during the Clinton email probe. The Attorney General then recommended Comey be fired. Trump acted.
Rosenstein only began in his position on April 25th.
David Ignatius of WaPo says, “The Russia mystery deepens even further”.
Of course it’s a mystery because there is nothing there insofar as Trump is concerned. If there were, it would have been leaked by now.
Joe Scarborough says it’s not leaked because it has been deeply hidden. He wants the fishing expedition to continue.
NYTimes’ Maggie Haberman tweeted that he fired Comey without “a replacement set” with “no clear messaging” and “no legal experts or surrogates lined up”.
Trump-hater Jake Tapper is using Trump’s own tweets against him without explaining what they are referencing.
Politicians are not buying the reason put forth which was Comey’s inept handling of Clinton’s case.
To further complicate matters, on Tuesday, subpoenas were issued for associates of General Michael Flynn which led the media to say the investigation is being expanded.
Chuck Schumer is demanding a special counsel and Republicans have already begun to cave on the issue.
Republicans are frustrated that it will possibly kill the little bit of momentum they have been getting on their healthcare bill passing the House.
Some Republicans have also expressed concerns for the effect it might have on his upcoming trip to the home of the world’s three great religions – Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Rome.
The fact is the non-stop attacks on Trump by Democrats and some liberal Republicans is causing him more harm than the firing of Comey.
Everyone is shocked says Matt Miller, a former Justice Department spokesman under President Obama. He told Mike Allen at Axios that everyone he talked to at Main Justice was in shock. Miller added that it was clear internally that the White House didn’t trust Comey, and couldn’t control him. The insinuation of course is that Trump wants to control the Russia investigation.
Miller also said, “This makes sense in the short-term. But if the long-term threat is the survival of the administration itself, then you take the short-term risk.”
Miller has tried and convicted Trump with no mention of the bizarre handling of numerous cases by Comey, most notably that of Hillary Clinton.
The truth is that the FBI Director serves at the will of the President and can be fired at any time the President chooses.
The timing is the issue for Democrats which would have been the issue in January, and February and March.
Ten Comey Scandals
There is no evidence of any Trump-Russia collusion but there is evidence that Jim Comey performed very poorly as FBI Director.
The following list was published by Grabien News.
Comey will inevitably be remembered for the controversial role he played in the 2016 presidential election, where his agency conducted surveillance of the Trump campaign as well as investigated the Clinton camp for mishandling classified materials, giving both sides arguments for how the FBI ultimately swayed the vote.
But even before the 2016 campaign, the FBI endured a number of humiliations under Comey’s tenure. Most damning were revelations that the FBI was generally aware of almost every terrorist who successfully struck America over the last eight years.
Here are 10 of Comey’s biggest embarrassments at the FBI:
1. Before he bombed the Boston Marathon, the FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev but let him go. Russia sent the Obama Administration a second warning, but the FBI opted against investigating him again.
2. Shortly after the NSA scandal exploded in 2013, the FBI was exposed conducting its own data mining on innocent Americans; the agency, Bloomberg reported, retains that material for decades (even if no wrongdoing is found).
3. The FBI had possession of emails sent by Nidal Hasan saying he wanted to kill his fellow soldiers to protect the Taliban — but didn’t intervene, leading many critics to argue the tragedy that resulted in the death of 31 Americans at Fort Hood could have been prevented.
4. During the Obama Administration, the FBI claimed that two private jets were being used primarily for counterterrorism, when in fact they were mostly being used for Eric Holder and Robert Mueller’s business and personal travel.
5. When the FBI demanded Apple create a “backdoor” that would allow law enforcement agencies to unlock the cell phones of various suspects, the company refused, sparking a battle between the feds and America’s biggest tech company. What makes this incident indicative of Comey’s questionable management of the agency is that a) The FBI jumped the gun, as they were indeed ultimately able to crack the San Bernardino terrorist’s phone, and b) Almost every other major national security figure sided with Apple (from former CIA Director General Petraeus to former CIA Director James Woolsey to former director of the NSA, General Michael Hayden), warning that such a “crack” would inevitably wind up in the wrong hands.
6. In 2015, the FBI conducted a controversial raid on a Texas political meeting, finger printing, photographing, and seizing phones from attendees (some in the group believe in restoring Texas as an independent constitutional republic).
7. During its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified material, the FBI made an unusual deal in which Clinton aides were both given immunity and allowed to destroy their laptops.
8. The father of the radical Islamist who detonated a backpack bomb in New York City in 2016 alerted the FBI to his son’s radicalization. The FBI, however, cleared Ahmad Khan Rahami after a brief interview.
9. The FBI also investigated the terrorist who killed 49 people and wounded 53 more at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Fla. Despite a more than 10-month investigation of Omar Mateen — during which Mateen admitting lying to agents — the FBI opted against pressing further and closed its case.
10. CBS recently reported that when two terrorists sought to kill Americans attending the “Draw Muhammad” event in Garland, Texas, the FBI not only had an understanding an attack was coming, but actually had an undercover agent traveling with the Islamists, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi. The FBI has refused to comment on why the agent on the scene did not intervene during the attack.
Hannity reviews clips of Democrat reactions in the next video.