Future Church Gunman Escaped from a Mental Hospital, Attempted to Kill Military Command


The future Texas church gunman beat his wife and stepson, cracking the boy’s skull, in 2012. Devin Kelley was hospitalized in New Mexico for mental problems and escaped at one point, according to a police report.

The monster tried to strangle his wife and he beat the stepson, who was under age 16, doing so with a weapon meant to cause life threatening harm.

Devin Kelley was sent to the Peak Behavioral Health Services Center in Santa Teresa, New Mexico after multiple incidents of attacking his family, while Kelley was stationed at Holloman Air Force Base. But on June 13, 2012, Kelley escaped from the center, fleeing to El Paso, Texas, according to the report.

Police warned that Kelley “was a danger to himself and others as he had already been caught sneaking firearms” onto the base, where he “was attempting to carry out death threats that (he) had made on his military chain of command.”

Kelley was soon arrested at a bus stop without incident.

He served a year in confinement for the assaults on his wife and stepson, and in 2014 received a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force, which was supposed to notify the FBI of his domestic violence conviction.

The evil deranged killer was not allowed to own or possess guns but the Air Force bureaucracy failed to put his name into the national database due to a clerical error.

The madman yelled “everybody die” before shooting. He shot crying babies at point blank range according to a witness interviewed on the Shephard Smith show. He went down the aisles shooting Dads, Moms, little children in the head. One victim was a 17-month old baby girl.

The mass killer did not have a Texas gun license but was able to buy the guns because the sale was approved by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. That is the same system the Air Force failed to notify.

Bryan and Karla Holcombe

The horror this loser inflicted cannot be described but perhaps the worst loss is with the Holcombe family. Three generations were murdered.

Bryan Holcombe was walking up to the pulpit, preparing to lead the congregation in worship, when a gunman identified by officials as Devin Kelley began to spray bullets at the worshipers.

Holcombe, an associate pastor for the church, was killed in the gunfire, his parents, Joe and Claryce Holcombe, said in an interview with The Washington Post.

Karla Holcombe, Bryan Holcombe’s wife of about four decades, was killed, too, Joe Holcombe said.

Bryan and Karla Holcombe’s son Marc Daniel Holcombe, 36, also was killed, Joe Holcombe said.

Marc Daniel had an infant daughter, Noah Holcombe, who, was a year old, Joe Holcombe said. She is dead, too.

Another son of Bryan and Karla, John Holcombe, survived, but his wife, Crystal Holcombe, who was pregnant, did not.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

1 Comment
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments