California Governor Gavin Newsom released the latest set of COVID compliance rules for family gatherings. This is not the Babylon Bee and Newsom is apparently counting on Nazi-like family members to turn in relatives and friends. How else is he going to enforce this?
Some of the rules:
- “Gatherings that include more than 3 households are prohibited.”
- “The host should collect names of all attendees and contact information.”
- “All gatherings must be held outside. Attendees may go inside to use restrooms as long as the restrooms are frequently sanitized.”
- “Seating must provide at least 6 feet of distance (in all directions—front-to-back and side-to-side)” …
- “…any food or beverages at outdoor gatherings must be in single-serve disposable containers.”
- “People who are singing or chanting are strongly encouraged to do so quietly (at or below the volume of a normal speaking voice).”
- Everyone at a gathering should frequently wash their hands with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. A place to wash hands or hand sanitizer must be available for participants to use.
- People at gatherings may remove their face coverings briefly to eat or drink as long as they stay at least 6 feet away from everyone outside their own household, and put their face covering back on as soon as they are done with the activity.
- Gatherings should be two hours or less. The longer the duration, the risk of transmission increases.
There are a lot more rules on this link.
This is not appropriate, even for a pandemic. It’s totalitarianism.
Do you think he will follow any of his own rules?