Right after an announcement is made about Donald Trump holding two rallies in June and one around July 4th for his candidates, the DHS comes out with a domestic terrorist alert. They admit there is no specific threat, but they decided to stir fear and suspicion anyway.
Department of Homeland Security issued a national terrorism bulletin in January, warning of the potential for violence from “people motivated by anti-government sentiment after President Joe Biden’s election.” They suggested a repeat of something similar to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.
Now, DHS has issued another warning on Friday, just one day after the CDC eased restrictions and said fully vaccinated people are no longer required to wear masks.
In the press release Friday, DHS claimed that “violent extremists” may take advantage of the eased restriction to launch another “lethal attack.”
The bulletin, titled, “Summary of Terrorism Threat to the U.S. Homeland,” begins as follows:
The Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a new National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin regarding the current heightened threat environment across the United States. The Homeland is facing threats that have evolved significantly and become increasingly complex and volatile in 2021. These threats include those posed by domestic terrorists, individuals and groups engaged in grievance-based violence, and those inspired or influenced by foreign terrorists and other malign foreign influences. Social media and online forums are increasingly exploited by these actors to influence and spread violent extremist narratives and activity. Such threats also are exacerbated by the impacts from the ongoing global pandemic.
In the bulletin, DHS asks the public to “report suspicious activity and threats of violence, including online threats, to local law enforcement,” as they include a link to a list of suspicious behaviors people should watch out for from their fellow Americans.
DHS provides the following in their press release:
- Violent extremists may seek to exploit the easing of COVID-19-related restrictions across the United States to conduct attacks against a broader range of targets after previous public capacity limits reduced opportunities for lethal attacks.
- Historically, mass-casualty Domestic Violent Extremist (DVE) attacks linked to racially- or ethnically-motivated violent extremists (RMVEs) have targeted houses of worship and crowded commercial facilities or gatherings. Some RMVEs advocate via social media and online platforms for a race war and have stated that civil disorder provides opportunities to engage in violence in furtherance of ideological objectives.
- Through 2020 and into 2021, government facilities and personnel have been common targets of DVEs, and opportunistic violent criminals are likely to exploit Constitutionally-protected freedom of speech activity linked to racial justice grievances and police use of force concerns, potentially targeting protestors perceived to be ideological opponents.
- Ideologically-motivated violent extremists fueled by perceived grievances, false narratives, and conspiracy theories continue to share information online with the intent to incite violence. Online narratives across sites known to be frequented by individuals who hold violent extremist ideologies have called for violence against elected officials, political representatives, government facilities, law enforcement, religious or commercial facilities, and perceived ideologically-opposed individuals.
- The use of encrypted messaging by lone offenders and small violent extremist cells may obscure operational indicators that provide specific warning of a pending act of violence.
- Messaging from foreign terrorist organizations, including al-Qa‘ida and ISIS, intended to inspire U.S.-based homegrown violent extremists (HVEs) continues to amplify narratives related to exploiting protests. HVEs, who have typically conducted attacks against soft targets, mass gatherings, and law enforcement, remain a threat to the Homeland.
- Nation-state adversaries have increased efforts to sow discord. For example, Russian, Chinese and Iranian government-linked media outlets have repeatedly amplified conspiracy theories concerning the origins of COVID-19 and effectiveness of vaccines; in some cases, amplifying calls for violence targeting persons of Asian descent.
- DHS encourages law enforcement and homeland security partners to be alert to these developments and prepared for any effects to public safety. Consistent with applicable law, state, local, tribal, and territorial (SLTT) law enforcement organizations should maintain situational awareness of online and physical activities that may be related to an evolving threat of violence.
The Attorney General, Merrick Garland, said this past week that the greatest threat facing America is white supremacists. That’s just not true.
BLM & ANTIFA got a free pass, without a doubt. The squad plus several congress folks who advocated violence against Conservatives, Republicans, Christians all got a pass. Now the Justice Department wants to double down on Patriotic American Citizens while they flood us with “Illegal” criminals. I am a 78 year old Corpsman Veteran and love my country and I will die for it if necessary. Rest assured I am NOT advocating violence. But I do have the right to defend myself.
this is so OUTRAGEOUS and flatly wrong…you CANNOT issue a high alert if you have no damn threat
It sure sounds like Big Government / Deep State is scared to death that America’s Patriots are going to take back CIVILIAN control of the Government from the Bureaucrats. So the Bureaucrats are declaring THE PEOPLE to be the enemy of the State. Well that’s exactly what happens in a free country where the Government serves at the pleasure of THE PEOPLE. My only hope is that when we do get control back, we try and hang those guilty of Treason against the THE PEOPLE.
The problem is that in another year, when Republicans retake the House and Senate, the leadership (McConnell, McCarthy, etc) will not conduct hearing and create commissions to investigate these specious factless claims that are just as phony as Obama era gun-running, the attempt toentrapt the Hutaree Militia, and then the years that government power was loosed against Trump and his allies with no evidence of any wrong doing.
While the Democrats are committed to abusing power and turning legitimate government into a weapon against their political enemies, the power that controls the RNC continues to pretend that we are in a functioning democracy with social and policy disagreements, rather than in a war with a vicious unscrupulous enemy hell-bent on destroying its opposition.
Hi Fellow Patriots!
Maybe i read incorrectly, but, the second & third paragraph states, “activity linked to racial justice grievances and police use of force concerns, potentially targeting protestors perceived to be ideological opponents.” Which sounds to me to be directed toward BLM & Antifa? I mean, how many of us are radically motivated?
I did comment out loud on paragraph four. . . “Online narratives across sites known to be frequented by individuals who hold violent extremist ideologies have called for violence against elected officials, political representatives, government facilities, law enforcement, religious or commercial facilities, and perceived ideologically-opposed individuals.” In this sentence, “Online narratives across sites known to be frequented by individuals who hold violent extremist ideologies,” they do not only imply that people who go to websites that have alternate views not alined with their own, are automatically considered “violent extremist”. Not perhaps, or possible, but firmly turn the written word into weapons, based only upon their opinion [ie. a source says]. . . .
I of course, do not think that violence against our elected officials is an answer to anything, but “come on man” between the thief, lies, cover-ups, blatant scams, and sometimes down right evil actions of above mentioned, does give one reason to be suspicious!!!! It’s not a conspiracy if they are really doing it, and there are facts to back it up!!
Paragraphs six & seven mention “al-Qa‘ida and ISIS,” & “Russian, Chinese and Iranian,” so there’s that!
I began reading this article to find out just how Homeland Security were describing ‘us’ and our possible actions. I braced myself. But after reading, I am pleasantly surprised it is not half as bad as I anticipated!
Happy Freedom Patriots! We MUST keep it!
Thanks Independent Sentinel for allowing comments!