Facts do not cease to exist just because they’re ignored.
~ Aldous Huxley
The failure of masking in stopping germs is still hidden under the veil of media’s and politician’s lies. The value of masks has been debunked. Even surgical masks in hospitals are worthless and possibly harmful. They are only meant to keep particulate matter out of the wound.
The Cochrane Library updated its study on masks and handwashing. While handwashing has a slight effect keeping the flu and COVID infection away, masks have zero effect.
Eugyppius says it surprises no one except the “profoundly stupid, the deeply disturbed, or the ideologically committed.”
Masks give people a false sense of security, and our rulers get to use them to manipulate the public.
There was a time when The WHO told the truth about masks, but they are politicized now.
1) Masking was a non-starter! To the argument “Why do Drs. use them in surgery?” It’s just to keep particulate out of wound field- nothing else!
▪Ritter et al., in 1975, found that “the wearing of a surgical face mask had no effect upon the overall operating room
— Dr. Lynn Fynn-derella🐭 (@Fynnderella1) January 31, 2023
Dr. Malone says the CDC’s own data shows masks and vaccines don’t stop COVID. He said, “junk science is driving authoritarianism.”
Dr. Robert Malone, an American virologist and immunologist (often credited for inventing mRNA technology) said, “We gotta get back to evidence-based medical science.” He continued, “It’s quite clear from the CDC’s own slide deck, if you have a reproductive coefficient like chickenpox…our current vaccines plus rigorous masking will not stop this virus from spreading.“
Masking is a failure!
Dr. Kory says there is no statistical evidence masks made a difference during the pandemic.
Just Facts offers extensive information on the value of masks and how “expert opinions” don’t mean a thing, but gold standard studies do.
In a terse essay titled “Science and Dictatorship,” Albert Einstein warned that “Science can flourish only in an atmosphere of free speech.” And on his deathbed, Einstein cautioned, “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted in important affairs.”
Gold Standard Studies on the Failure of Masking
Like the 2019 analysis of RCTs by the World Health Organization, other comprehensive analyses of gold standard studies have found no evidence that low-quality masks reduce the spread of the flu in community settings. Moreover, such studies have found limited evidence that any type of mask protects against the flu in any setting:
- In 2010, the journal Epidemiology & Infection published a “systematic review” of studies that examined the use of “face masks to prevent transmission of influenza virus,” including several RCTs. The analysis found that “while there is some experimental evidence that masks should be able to reduce infectiousness under controlled [i.e., lab] conditions, there is less evidence on whether this translates to effectiveness in natural settings” and “little evidence to support the effectiveness of face masks to reduce the risk of infection.”
- In 2011, the journal Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses published a “systematic review of the scientific evidence” on the “use of masks and respirators to prevent transmission of influenza.” The authors examined eight RCTs and found:
- that “none of the studies we reviewed established a conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.”
- “there is a limited evidence base to support the use of masks and/or respirators in healthcare or community settings.”
- “some useful clues” that “correct and consistent wearing of masks/respirators may improve their effectiveness,” but “this remains a major challenge” in “the context of a formal study and in everyday practice.”
- In May 2020, a CDC journal named Emerging Infectious Diseases published a “systematic review” of 10 RCTs that “reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing” the spread of the flu in community settings. A “pooled analysis” of their results found “no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks,” regardless of whether they are “worn by the infected person” to protect others, or if they are worn by “uninfected persons” to protect themselves from people who are infected.
All of those flu RCTs are highly relevant to Covid-19 because:
- both diseases are transmitted by RNA viruses that produce respiratory tract infections.
- more than 87% of virus-laden respiratory particles exhaled by people with either disease are less than 1 micron in diameter. These can easily penetrate surgical and cloth masks because the average pore sizes of:
Broadening the research beyond the flu to other types of infectious respiratory diseases, RCTs have found inconsistent evidence that higher-quality masks may help in healthcare settings but no statistically significant evidence that any type of mask helps in community settings.
Notice that most of the ooglies must wear their masks to hide behind. pity. lol
There is over 100 years of real world Military Research on this issue going back to at least WWI. Because it’s Military Research the CDC and FDA ignored it.
I will miss doing my banking in a mask.
Well done, Masking never had a basis, and never will. It was a symbol of totalitarianism. In Illinois, it greatly angered me, though I was rarely challenged.
Malone wants evidence based medicine. I want evidence based everything, for example, in courts, media, congress. This is not an age of reason, this is an age of disinformation. This is the new dark ages.
The Dark Ages is a term for the Early Middle Ages, or occasionally the entire Middle Ages, in Western Europe after the fall of the Western Roman Empire that characterises it as marked by economic, intellectual and cultural decline.
We are now in the fall of the West, marked by economic, intellectual and cultural decline, all planned.
On intellectual decline, consider that masks pore sizes greatly exceed virus sizes. The studies are useful, but we really did not need them to know masks don’t work. When I encounter someone who insists masks work, after I inform them that it is geometrically impossible, I have found someone to not associate with.
Asimov referred to the 600 year Dark/Enlightenment cycles…we are well into the next Dark cycle hyphenated by the “economic, intellectual and cultural decline” being evidenced…and those that led us into the last Dark Age are once again predominant…truth, ethics and honour are being systematically ‘destroyed’…
The statement that masks are a symbol of totalitarianism, sounds like a totalitarian statement. (Absoluteness my way!)
Masks have been used for many reasons and to suggest that a so0ldier wearing a gas mask in a trench filled with mustard gas, that a policeman using a gas mask when subduing a leftist mob is acting in a totalitarian manner is ridiculous.
Wearing a mask when a person is fighting a cold to help stop spreading the cold to colleagues is not a symbol of love, but of totalitarianism begs belief.
Your statement is an example of why confused are more easily mislead by leftists propaganda that all conservatives are radicals.
If we want to counteract the madness we must be very careful to be precise and not make overstatements that cause a reasonable loss of credibility.
The thing that makes me sad is that you started a response with that, and many may not continue to read your usual brilliant comments.
Your logic is about as comparable to thinking a screen door on a submarine is useful.
Only in dry dock!
It’s a symbol of white governmental supremacy privilege, power, bondage, and enslavement against the “peasants”.