As with all his speeches, Barack Obama lied last evening during the State of the Union. It was a political charade, nothing more. We have 11 of the lies here.
1.Barack Obama insisted he wants civility in political discourse but continually attacked critics.
2. Obama bellowed that “anyone claiming America’s economy is in decline is peddling fiction.” The truth is the recovery has been extremely slow and wages have declined. Too many youth graduating from college can’t find jobs.
3. We’ve protected the “open Internet” according to Obama, but Net Neutrality turned broadband into a public utility under heavy regulations. Investment has sharply declined.
4. Obama boasted of nearly 900,000 manufacturing jobs “in the past six years.” Over his entire time in office, manufacturing jobs have gone down by 230,000.
5. Obama said the Affordable Care Act fills in the gaps in employer-based care so people can still have coverage when unemployed. In fact, the growth rate jumped in 2014, when the law’s coverage provisions were implemented. The premiums and deductibles are so high, it’s unaffordable for many.
6. ISIS isn’t an existential threat according to Barack. However, there are thousands of ISIS sympathizers in the US. ISIS has issued a handbook, which is available in the refugee camps, that gives step-by-step instructions on how to wage chemical warfare.
7. Obama bragged about making “the single biggest investment in clean energy in our history.” Solyndra is the most famous fiasco but there were many. Fracking is what led to the energy boom, not his investments. It’s not wind and solar that are reducing gas emissions – they’re hardly a blip. It’s fracking of natural gas!
Research by Oren Cass of The Manhattan Institute revealed the real force behind reducing US greenhouse gas emissions and it is Fracking!
Solar represents less than 1% of US electricity generation. Wind and solar power combined generated less electricity in the first half of 2015 than in 2014 and the investment in the industry has been flat for five years domestically and internationally according to the Institute.
US greenhouse gas emissions have fallen a great deal since they peaked in 2007 but the biggest cause is the fracking-led natural gas boom. While solar reduced CO2 emissions by 1%, natural gas reduced it by 20%.
Growth in wind and solar power has consistently fallen since 2008. Global investment has declined as well.
8. “No nation dares to attack us or our allies because they know that’s the path to ruin.” He said this as ten Americans were held captive by Iranians. It’s outrageous.
9. He said he attends his daily intelligence briefings but that’s a lie. He allegedly gets them on his iPad.
10. He said that “Fifty years of isolating Cuba had failed to promote democracy, setting us back in Latin American.” The Castros have no intention of abandoning communism and now they have our Hellfire missile.
11. Obama claimed he cut our deficits by almost three-quarters. He credits Bush with the Tarp, which he spent, and he cut from that year as if that was the amount Bush spent every year. He has also cut the INCREASE in spending under pressure during sequester. The 2015 budget was the only budget that cut the deficit. Because of his deficits each year, he has doubled the US debt.