What kind of people take the right to bear arms away from law-abiding citizens? It is happening – believe it.
Recently Barack Obama changed the wording of the second amendment on the White House website. What was wrong with the original wording? The answer is obvious when you read the change.
Of concern is the change to the second amendment. Instead of the actual wording – the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed – it becomes a right given to us by the state with the following White House wording – The Second Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms.
The Founders believed that we have certain inalienable rights as recorded in the Bill of Rights. An inalienable right means that no one gives it to us, it is an inherent right. [Independent Sentinel]
There are not enough votes in the Senate to pass the Small Arms Treaty but Hillary Clinton is signing it on July 27th. Why is she signing it?
One scenario is offered by Dick Morris who has been warning America about this treaty since it reared its ugly head in 2009. Only a few Fox News shows have talked about this issue at all.
The treaty will automatically be in effect once Barack Obama signs it and until the Senate votes on it. That means it will be in effect until the election. If Obama is re-elected, the treaty can be kept off the Senate floor for four more years by Senator Reid. That will allow the registration and confiscation of guns to begin.
During the current talks in New York City, a confiscation center was discussed and lauded by the United States according to my update from the State Department.
This situation is somewhat reminiscent of Obamacare, which I still believe is unconstitutional and which was well under way by the time the SCOTUS considered it. Now that it is in the hands of the electorate as John Roberts declared, I hope the electorate will not support a tax of this magnitude. I hope they will not support eliminating the right to bear arms.
President Obama’s advisors are warning him not to move ahead with this treaty until after the election but it appears he is counting on an ignorant and/or anti-gun electorate and he will sign it as he has announced. Don’t worry, he is not eliminating the second amendment just yet, he will simply whittle away at it and make it impossible to buy and keep arms.
While the terms have yet to be made public, if passed by the U.N. and ratified by our Senate, it will almost certainly force the U.S. to:
- Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
- Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
- Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
- Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
- In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights. [Forbes]